Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

peds office nurse SMH

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:32 PM
  • 25 Replies
1 mom liked this

SO I mentioned when I took my 5 year old in for his ADHD follow up that I am pregnant again but the baby wont be seen by their office til 6 weeks and not in the hospital.  SHe asked why and I said I am giving birth at home and my midwife will see him til 6 weeks.  She said HOMEBIRTH?! Are you nuts? thats so unsafe! I asked her why it was unsafe and she stammered over her words and couldnt find any

by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jconney80
by Group Mod on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:12 PM
LMBO!! Nice way to put her on the spot lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tansyflower
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:15 PM

good for you tabi!  i cant believe she evn said that to you to begin with.  seriously unprofessional >:(

jconney80
by Group Mod on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:17 PM
It really is unprofessional

Quoting tansyflower:

good for you tabi!  i cant believe she evn said that to you to begin with.  seriously unprofessional >:(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brandy85412
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:46 PM
wow can't believe the nurse said that! Good job! My ped was pretty relaxed about my home birth. But they wanted to see her right away. I wish I had waited cause they tried to freak out about her having jaundice but she was fine. My midwife even came back out to the house to check on her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amycapl
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:13 PM

lol... good for you

CafeMom Tickers
BaileysMom9
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this
This is my MIL exactly (a nurse as well). She thought it was unsafe for me to have a midwife even though she was a CNM who only practiced in a hospital LOL. BAHAHA. If only she knew hubby and I were planning an unassisted homebirth this time **shudder**.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:44 PM

Extremely unprofessional..  not to mention RUDE! Sorry she said that to you, Tabi..  :o( 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:25 AM

TONS of the homebirth moms go to this office because they have an IBCLC on staff and allow delayed or no vax without too much of an issue.  Its crazy

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Is it wrong that I love tripping up doctors when they have legit reason why natural things are not safe?

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this

you mean when they DONT have legit reasons? yeah I love to trip them up then..course this was just the dumb receptionist

Quoting JoJoBean8:

Is it wrong that I love tripping up doctors when they have legit reason why natural things are not safe?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)