Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

need to find a natural lotion for ds

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:41 AM
  • 22 Replies
Hey ladies, my ds (almost 10 months old) has developed a minor case of excema, I switched to an all natual homemade soap that seems to work really well on his sensitive skin, but he still needs a lotion. The doctor suggested we try eucerin, but it gave him a big rash so now I'm a little worried about trying new lotions. Do any of you use a good natural lotion that you would suggest I try on his dry sensitive skin?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ceckyl
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:42 AM
5 moms liked this
What about coconut oil?
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Jojoba oil. You can add a little lavender too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheWornOne
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 5:01 PM

I also suggest Coconut oil. We use it for just about everything here. Along with breastmilkgood luck

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Feb. 22, 2013 at 5:01 PM
I would use coconut oil.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hapababies
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:32 PM
Get expellar or cold pressed coconut oil. I'm going through the same thing right now with a eczema type rash on my son.
I took a few spoonfuls of coconut oil and whipped it with my kitchen mixer for a minute or two. Put the whipped coconut oil in a baby jar I saved, and now I have natural lotion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
secondboy2012
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:37 PM
Exactly what I do.

Quoting hapababies:

Get expellar or cold pressed coconut oil. I'm going through the same thing right now with a eczema type rash on my son.

I took a few spoonfuls of coconut oil and whipped it with my kitchen mixer for a minute or two. Put the whipped coconut oil in a baby jar I saved, and now I have natural lotion.
roldansync
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Walmart brand that is like Aveeno works wonders.

Lydlou02
by Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Ooh, I didn't think of whipping it. That's a great idea.

Quoting hapababies:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hapababies
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:51 PM
1 mom liked this
It's awesome whipping it because then you don't have to deal with the solid oil in the jar.
I live in a cold area so our coconut oil is always more solid. Although, I did leave the whipped oil in an area that got direct sunlight. It took the silky whipped-ness away and turned it back into a solid.

Quoting Lydlou02:

Ooh, I didn't think of whipping it. That's a great idea.

Quoting hapababies:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN