Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spinning Babies *Update Added-Again & Again*

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:08 PM
  • 38 Replies

Has anyone ever had success with moving a transverse baby using the spinning baby techniques? I'm just over 26 weeks right now, so I know it's not a major concern at this moment. However, I'm getting more & more uncomfortable with this baby growing ACROSS me & putting constant pressure on my hip. I feel like baby is trying to move, but just not getting anywhere. I think we're going to try inversions & see if that helps (If nothing else, maybe it will help take some pressure off my hip for a bit). I was just hoping to hear some feedback of those who have tried it.

UPDATE:

Well, I never got to an inversion & baby turned. I was excited...until I had an ultra sound this weekend & found out that baby moved the wrong direction. Baby is now Breech. I'm 28 weeks now. So, I started inversions & open-knee/chest today. As soon as I find the appropriate type board, I'm going to start doing the Breech Tilt. I have to do whatever I can to get this baby in correct position because I KNOW the OB I'm seeing will push for a c-section & as I'm planning a UC, I really don't want to go into that with a breech. While I know it's possible, it makes me very uncomfortable. 

UPDATE #2:

I am now 31 weeks & baby is STILL breech. Thankfully, he's settled into a much more comfortable position & isn't sticking his head in behind my rib cage anymore (for the most part). I followed up with my chiropractor before doing anymore exercises/positions to try to move baby, as just 6 weeks before I got pregnant I suffered a 3rd herniated disc in my low back & was not completely strong before getting pregnant. In the last several weeks, I've been having a lot of issues with my back & I don't want to complicate that any worse. The chiropractor did approve a couple of moves, but I have been having such bad back pain that I haven't been able to do them. I have also been studying & educating myself about breech delivery and trying to help myself remember that breech is just another variation of normal. I'm much more comfortable with the idea & am planning to proceed as planned. Especially knowing that there is a chance that baby can flip even in labor.

UPDATE #3:

It's official! At just shy of 33 weeks, baby is HEAD DOWN!! WooHoo!!!! Earlier in the week, I had a night full of very uncomfortable movement. It felt like the baby was trying to push his/her elbow through my abdomen. After that night, all the movement I was feeling was LOW & the little round head at the top of my belly disappeared. On Thursday, I felt a strong movement at the top of my belly. I was hopeful, but still not positive. Thursday night, I felt the distinct feeling of little fingers "tickling" me on the inside VERY low & then I felt a foot pop up behind my rib cage. Now, I am in some big time pain because I'm failry certain that this lil' stinker has pushed a rib out of place. I haven't been able to get comfortable for 2 days now. Even breathing is uncomfortable. I will be calling the chiro tomorrow to hopefully get in & get this rib put back where it belongs. But even with the pain, I am still beyond thankful to not have to be worrying about a breech baby anymore!!! :)

by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HamBergerMama
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:31 PM
I did it and it worked for me with Alex. He wasn't transverse but breech. He didn't flip till 36w. But I didn't know he was still breech till 34
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Salz
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Yes! My 3 day old flipped transverse at 31 weeks and went back to vertex after a few days of spinning babies and a webster chiropractic adjustment.

peaches_04
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 5:48 AM
I did...i dont remember what weeks i was at though

The rebozo(spg?) thing works really good too
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:13 PM

BUMP for those who have done this.. :o) 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

charity987
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:52 PM

added an update

amesstobemade
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 2:07 PM

You are only 28wks... baby has PLENTY of time to flip flop

Mrs.Salz
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Try not to worry, you still have lots of time! I know I panicked when mine turned transverse around 31 weeks but it all worked out :)

I highly recommend seeing a webster certified chiro in addition to the spinning babies! You can find one at icpa4kids.org.

Brandy85412
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Good luck hope baby turns for you!

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Oh I hope baby moves for you soon!!

TTC2Long
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Girl, you're 28 weeks! You've got TONS of time!! This baby was head up until 30/31 weeks and flipped around 32. Technically your baby is breech now, but it's not even a worry yet. :)

I am a wahm, mother to a wonderful little boy, vegetarian, cloth-diapering, reuseable everything-using, baby-wearing, breastfeeding, extended rear-facing, delayed and selective-vaxing metro-hippie in sunny southern California. Hi! :)

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)