Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you ever have a hard time trying to explain why you parent the way you do without insulting other peoples parenting choices?

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 5:16 PM
  • 76 Replies

ive been having a hard time with my milk supply so i havent been able to pick up extra shifts for ppl because i wont have enough pumped milk

everyone keeps saying if you dont have enough milk just get a  can of formula to supplement at work.

i simply say id rather avoid using formula if possible and people get so offended and say things like oh and i suppose im a horrible mom for feeding my kids formula

smh:(

by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Feb. 22, 2013 at 5:17 PM
Yes!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peaches_04
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Quoting JoJoBean8:

Yes!

glad im not alone. its liking walking on eggshells with some people

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Feb. 22, 2013 at 5:24 PM
I have the hardest time when it comes to carseat safety. I often want to tell them everything they are doing wrong and how they are risking their child. I settle for subtle hints in our conversation.

Quoting peaches_04:

Quoting JoJoBean8:

Yes!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 5:25 PM
If they are getting offended about that very neutral "I" statement, that says everything about them and nothing about you.
In my real life, completely full of formula feeders, I've never had anyone be offended over how I choose to feed my infant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Ha, I did have a friend's MOM flip and get all defensive over a comment a made on the chest clip of a (forward facing, but I ignored that) 2 year old being at her belly button in a pic posted on FB

Quoting JoJoBean8:

I have the hardest time when it comes to carseat safety. I often want to tell them everything they are doing wrong and how they are risking their child. I settle for subtle hints in our conversation.

Quoting peaches_04:

Quoting JoJoBean8:

Yes!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
audreesmama
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes!! Mil has kidney failure, and I'm not able to go spend days with her like I'd like, because they don't allow babies. I can't leave him with daddy at home either, because I don't have 70oz expressed here with me. Sil insists I just go and she has formula. Um, no. If I wanted that, I would have just Ff from the beginning!!

It's the same with food. We don't drink juice, soda, cow's milk or most other things dh's family does. We don't expect them to make special accommodations for us, we buy our own. His family thinks it's a phase, that we are stupid OR that we are trying to rub it in their faces.

Wtf lol. This isn't about them! It's about what's best for my family. I am respectful of their rules and give their 18 month old a bowl full of sugar (cereal) every morning, while my children eat 'crazy' things like steel-cut oats, fresh fruit, a free range egg and have a glass of almond milk.

I feel your pain, op!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
audreesmama
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 5:30 PM
The only people I have ever had be rude were jealous. They just wanted the same for their kids, but couldn't so I guess putting me down for being 'a milk factory' or 'our own Holstein' lol helped somehow?

Quoting larissalarie:

If they are getting offended about that very neutral "I" statement, that says everything about them and nothing about you.

In my real life, completely full of formula feeders, I've never had anyone be offended over how I choose to feed my infant.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
snowangel1979
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 5:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, Many times. Mainly to people who it really shouldn't matter what I do in the first place.

Um Am I reading that wrong but they're mad because you have your own personal reasons why you can't work THEIR or someone else's shift for them? What's their reasons for not working THEIR shift.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 5:35 PM
Yep, definitely shows jealousy and/or insecurity on their part.

Cause we all know if they couldn't do it, your kid deserves less too!! Smh.

Quoting audreesmama:

The only people I have ever had be rude were jealous. They just wanted the same for their kids, but couldn't so I guess putting me down for being 'a milk factory' or 'our own Holstein' lol helped somehow?

Quoting larissalarie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peaches_04
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 5:44 PM

i lost a friend over a fb argument after she posted pictures of her 5month old forward facing. i posted articles on carseat safety and she said my articles came from child molesters and didnt like my holier than thou attitude so she deleted and blocked me

Quoting larissalarie:

Ha, I did have a friend's MOM flip and get all defensive over a comment a made on the chest clip of a (forward facing, but I ignored that) 2 year old being at her belly button in a pic posted on FB

Quoting JoJoBean8:

Quoting peaches_04:

Quoting JoJoBean8:

Yes!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)