Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Acne remedies

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:16 PM
  • 9 Replies
I've never had acne till I got pregnant. Dd is now 10.5 months old and it's still bad. I bf so I need natural remedies I've tried bm but it still takes days to clear up. Thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:23 PM
Castor oil cleanse. Coat your face with castor oil for about 20 minutes everyday. It's a fantastic skin detoxifier. Your face will probably get worse before it gets better, stick with it and it will be worth it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brandy85412
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:25 PM

Look up Apple cider vinegar for acne.

Hippie.Gypsy
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Wash your face with hydrogen peroxide, did wonders for my breakouts.

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:56 PM

I had really bad skin ever since ds was born. Once I started using coconut oil as a moisturizer I rarely break out. I only have flare ups when I;m ovulating or about to get my period. 

lifeforchrist
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this

The thing people don't realize is acne doesn't simply start at the skin. It's a sign of internal issues. It's linked to the liver. When the liver is over taxed it starts sending toxins out your skin. The best way to fix this is to take choline for 2 weeks and then try a good liver cleanse. if you're nursing then no liver cleanse. But taking choline daily will support the liver.

you may also have a hormone imbalance that is contributing to this problem, since you said that the acne happened after pregnancy. It'd be good to determine which of your hormones are lacking and then you can look at natural ways to balance them.

As for the pimples you already have, apple cider vinegar is good and coconut oil to moisturize.

catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Tea tree oil and coconut oil work well for me.. :o) 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Breastmilk works wonders, too!

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

danichaos
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:52 AM
Make a paste put of baking soda and water and apply to the pimple and let it dry like a mask. That will dry it out. Idk how to prevent them, I still have this problem
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Just.Breathe
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:08 AM

I get about 5 pimples a year and they are very minor I always use an apricot scrub in the shower, then wash my face with toothpaste (make sure its a paste not a gel) its the best, quickest ...with results in one wash....with permanent results. It's never irritated my skin or caused a rash of any kind and its always worked for me since middle school and I'm 23 now i recommend it to everyone. :) hope you give it a chance you wont regret it!

Jess 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)