Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

slings

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:10 PM
  • 17 Replies
Hello, I'm not pregnant yet, still ttc, but I'm planning to BF.
I wanted a sling for ds, but I read all these horrible stories about babies dyeing in them. I never got one.
Are they safe? What brand do you recommend?
Thanks
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:18 PM

A lot of moms like to use ring slings. I used the Moby wrap to nurse in when ds was young and it worked great for us.

destiny2nv
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:19 PM
Thanks! Then they are safe?

Quoting JoJoBean8:

A lot of moms like to use ring slings. I used the Moby wrap to nurse in when ds was young and it worked great for us.

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:23 PM

The ype of slngs that were dangerous have been recalled. They looked like a bag that you laid the baby in. Ring slings are safe as long as you are using them correctly. Do you have a local babywearing group? They can give you different carriers to try and show you different holds. They are very helpful. 

Quoting destiny2nv:

Quoting JoJoBean8:

McM0609
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:24 PM
Ive never heard any stories like that in fact ive heard nothing but good things about carriers. They're safer then having ur baby in the carseat thats for sure. I have the moby wrap and i loove it. GL finding one.
destiny2nv
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:24 PM
Awesome! I will look into that!

Quoting JoJoBean8:

The ype of slngs that were dangerous have been recalled. They looked like a bag that you laid the baby in. Ring slings are safe as long as you are using them correctly. Do you have a local babywearing group? They can give you different carriers to try and show you different holds. They are very helpful. 

Quoting destiny2nv:

Quoting JoJoBean8:

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:18 PM

If you wear babies correctly theres no risk of death in a sling.  Avoid pocket slings because those tend to be the ones people use wrong.  I like sleeping baby productions and shiny star designs ring slings

FrumpyMama
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Ring slings are the best sling to get, because you can adjust them so they aren't droopy or too tight.  There are one size slings, but they can be a problem if you start out heavy and lose the weight or vice versa.  I prefered my moby wrap and baby hawk mei tei.

destiny2nv
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 6:15 PM
How do you know which one is right for you? I'm looking them up on Google and there are so many different ones!

Quoting FrumpyMama:

Ring slings are the best sling to get, because you can adjust them so they aren't droopy or too tight.  There are one size slings, but they can be a problem if you start out heavy and lose the weight or vice versa.  I prefered my moby wrap and baby hawk mei tei.

catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Quoting tabi_cat1023: If you wear babies correctly theres no risk of death in a sling.

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN