Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Is this normal? PIOG *update

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:02 AM
  • 8 Replies

Ok ladies, Im a bit nervouse bc Im 18 weeks with my second pregnnacy and my cervix feels extrememly soft and slightly dilated, but not open like a circle, but more like a wide slit about 4 cm across. Any thoughts or advice? Should I go in to see my midwife or is this a normal 2nd pregnancy cervical change? I really ppreciate the info! Im feeling very insecure about this bc Im ignorant on whats normal with second pregnancy stuff. Thanks! 

So I went to see my midwife bc of the discharge that made me wonder if I had a yeast infection and bc of the cervix situation. Turns out all is well! No yeast or bacteria. She looked at it under a microscope. Also the bottom of my cervix is soft and wide but the top is tightly closed. So yay! As for the discharge, she said it was just a variation of normal leukorhea. And the cervix is totally normal for multigravidas. Just thought I'd let you ladies know. Thanks for the replies! I'm really glad I went to see my mw bc I'm feeling much more settled now instead of insecure. 

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
skylarkdancer
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:21 AM
I'm not familiar with this but I know my.midwife was awesome about answering any concerns. Just call if.you're worried
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bloomsr
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:16 AM
2 moms liked this
Why are you checking your cervix?? I would go in if you are worried and I would stop performing cervical checks.
sarah4gandh
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:18 AM

The reason I was checking my cervix is bc I have some symptoms of a yeast infection and I was trying to figure out if the discharge was in my vagina or just in my labia (I know, TMI...) I just so happened to notice that my cervix was weird to me. So Im not checking myself all the time or anything, it was just kind of a byproduct of checking out some yucky discharge. 

Quoting bloomsr:

Why are you checking your cervix?? I would go in if you are worried and I would stop performing cervical checks.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Mrs.Salz
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this

That's a lot of dilation for being only 18 weeks. I'd call your midwife.

melindabelcher
by mel on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Agreed i'd rather place safe

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

That's a lot of dilation for being only 18 weeks. I'd call your midwife.

melindabelcher
by mel on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:43 PM
Let us know how you make out.
peaches_04
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:53 PM
Yeah glad all is well
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:57 PM

how are you even checking your own cervix?  I don't think you should be messing with that, you could get an infection.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)