Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

meal baby for miscarriage at 10 1/2 weeks?

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:59 PM
  • 19 Replies

I'm deciding on whether or not o sign up. A friend of mine (we actually share the same due month) just miscarried, baby stopped gorwing at 10 1/2 weeks. Her husband was out of town (he is military) and I beliefve is back now. She stayed with her parents for a few days, and is taking it easy. A friend of mine set up a meal baby for her (sign up to give dinners to families who have had a baby or who have suffered in some way or another.  I was about to sign up, and just remembered, the last time I signed up to bring a meal for a family, DH said "we can't afford this" I figure that its not that much more expensive, just making a little extra of what we would eat. Then I was thinking, well her DH is coming home soon and she has family, and I'm sure recovery will not be too bad. Anyone sugger a miscarriage at 10ish weeks? I have had miscarriages, but they were at 8 weeks and one at 6 weeks, so it only sloiwed me down the first few days. I don't kow, anyone have any opinions on this?

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:05 PM

My friend lost hers at 12 weeks and it was AWFUL but she had to end up with blood transfusions

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Well, emotional healing may be more difficult than physical. It sounds like she has some good support, but depending on who she is and how she is handling this, she may need another friend.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicki.hemingway
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:08 PM

I had a mc at 13 weeks and it was pretty awful.  I went throught what felt like 3 hours of labor before the baby and placenta passed.  I felt pretty bad for 3-5 days after. 

Precious333
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:09 PM

thanks, I am going to talk to DH about giving her a meal. I think its more emotional as well, I don't think she went to the hospital, but she had a miscarriage 8 onths I think befor ethis one, so I can only imagine.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Poor momma

Precious333
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:10 PM

:(

Quoting nicki.hemingway:

I had a mc at 13 weeks and it was pretty awful.  I went throught what felt like 3 hours of labor before the baby and placenta passed.  I felt pretty bad for 3-5 days after. 

MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:13 PM
I lost my most recent at 10 wks 5 days. It was hard. I had really strong contractions and birthed in the tub alone. Labor started around midnight and babyand placenta had passed by 6:30am when DH came in to shower for work. I was up and around that day/few days after, but it was tough. Bleeding lasted about a week. I didn't have much help during the day since DH still had to work so I was still cooking and cleaning lightly.

Emotionally, I still am grieving. Our first miscarriage we had a memorial, but the weather hasn't been great so we're waiting to do burial and remembrance.

Stillbirthday.com helped me a lot.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
YzmaRocks
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:17 PM
I have a friend who miscarried at 10 weeks. She had a terrible recovery.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Brandy85412
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I would do it just to showed I cared.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:25 PM

We helped a family of 5 kiddos and a dad at home, mom was in he NICU with her 6th and we were tight on money.  We did pasta and sauce and some garlic bread

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)