Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Going from hospital birth to homebirth

Posted by   + Show Post

Have you done it? I will be doing this this summer and I had 4 hospital births, fully medicated and pit and everything for all 4.  And now this time it will be just me and no meds of any kind.  I am excited but anxious too!  I almost dont know what to expect.  I have watched videos and read stories and seen pictures but this is out of my realm so it makes me nervous.  My last 2 deliveries I was not nervous at all!

I think the only thing that doesnt worry me is the after birth part...no one will take my baby, force bottle, or formula, or vaccines or whatever without my consent.  Baby will not leave me for any reason and that calms many fears of mine.

by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Replies (21-30):
VintageWife
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:23 PM

I've always had hospital births because there were no midwives that would travel this far. My first two were completely medicated and the third I almost had an epidural I felt bullied into but she came out while they were giving it (lol). This time, I will have nothing. I don't need any of that crap and I can't wait. I don't allow pacis or formula or any of that stuff either. I also don't let them take baby to the nursery except for pictures (which luckily a friend of mine was just hired to do them for the hospital).

tansyflower
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:27 PM

ot but how are you doing mama???

Quoting joyful_mama:

I have. I had my first three and then #5 and #6 in hospital and #7 and #8 at home. With #4 I remember it all felt so odd. Like I wasn't really in labor until I got near the end. I like being at home so much better, but it did feel a little odd the first time.

littlelambe2
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:31 PM

A friend of mine had a home birth after two hospital births with all the"bells and whistles". I'll see if I can find a link to her birth story. She ended up having a uc while waiting for her midwife. Her mom was there to help her. Se now a HUGE advocate for natural birth and now has expanded her professional photography skills to include births. 

jconney80
by Group Mod on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:44 PM
That is what motivated me to have a home birth! I still made sure no one touched Grace unless we were there in the hospital. But it's so much better to not have to worry about it

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

And it is SO awesome not to worry about anyone taking away your baby or doing anything you don't want!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BlessedMammaof2
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:45 PM
My first was a hospital birth and we're planning a homebirth with our second due in May. I'm so excited for my HB. I delivered my first without pain medication but was induced with pitocin when I was 7 cm because my labor slowed after the OB broke my water. It aggravates me just thinking about the birth of my DS. I'd rather never have another biological child than elect to have another hospital birth.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
joyful_mama
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Good, contractions slowed down quite a bit. Nothing else going on. My left leg is still hurting. I did not get as much sewing done today as I wanted to because of that.

Quoting tansyflower:

ot but how are you doing mama???

Quoting joyful_mama:

I have. I had my first three and then #5 and #6 in hospital and #7 and #8 at home. With #4 I remember it all felt so odd. Like I wasn't really in labor until I got near the end. I like being at home so much better, but it did feel a little odd the first time.

catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Sounds wonderful.. :o) 

Quoting bloomsr: So much less stressful to do it at home- no waiting for a babysitter to watch the other kids, no random nurses trying to check your dilation. Just labor where you want and birth when you're ready:) home birth is awesome!!

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:23 AM

((hugs)) 

Quoting joyful_mama: Good, contractions slowed down quite a bit. Nothing else going on. My left leg is still hurting. I did not get as much sewing done today as I wanted to because of that.

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

EleventeenQueen
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:20 AM
I'm planning a homebirth for April. My first three were hospital births. First two were c-sections and the third was a very successful vbac. :) I'm nervous and excited all at the same time!
1stTimeMom1982
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:50 AM

No I haven't but am sure you'll do amazing :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)