Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

well no wonder!

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 6:04 PM
  • 13 Replies
So im 6 weeks pregnant. I have been getting mild to moderate morning sickness each afternoon. My husband was given a dozen small watermelons. Both my regular prenatal and the omega 3 have a laxative in them. No wonder I'm having liquidy issues. I absolutely cannot afford to spend money on buying ANYTHING so im trying to decide if I should just forget the prenatals for a month or two, or endure?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 6:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kitty8199
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 6:06 PM
Just take folic acid if you don't take anything else.

What about the watermelons?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 6:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I dont take prenatals. Vitamins are synthetic, processed and have metals in them. Your body cant process them and absorb them.
MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 6:15 PM

What's watermelon and morning sickness have to do with laxatives? lol

If you are eating a balanced diet then skipping the prenatals wouldn't be too much of an issue. If you aren't getting proper nutrition (due to the morning sickness) then you should still take at least your prenatals. The omegas haven't been proven to do anything in pregnancy so it's up to you whether you take them or not. You can eat foods that will slow things up but diarrhea and constipation are both common in pregnancy. 

Brandy85412
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 6:15 PM

I just did Folic acid cause I counldn't handle the prenatals.

Amycapl
by Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:13 PM

i don't take vitamins... what in the HELL do the watermelons have to do with this story?? lol!

CafeMom Tickers
ummcarter
by Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 2:13 AM
Ok ive been eating tons of watermelon everyday and its been going straight through me. Watermelon is basically fiber, sugar and water. Things at apparently remain red and intact for the most part in my current system.
Anyway enough goory details, I suppose I will just endure, butvwith out the 1.5 watermelons per day. I figured they were going to rott before we could eat them and since they aren't bad for me id just eat how ever much I wanted, guess not.
littlelambe2
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Congrats on the pregnancy :) you could juice the watermelons and make Popsicles if you can't eat them all!

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Why does your omerga3 have laxatives in it?

ummcarter
by Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:41 PM
I have no idea. I was in a hurry and just grabbed a bottle in the prenatal sectionnthat said prenatals. I didn't even realize for acweekmit was only omega 3. I paid 12 bucj for those suckers.

Quoting JoJoBean8:

Why does your omerga3 have laxatives in it?

Mrs.Salz
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Blend the watermelons in your blender and make popsicles for later in your pregnancy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN