Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Wearing baby

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:39 PM
  • 18 Replies
So i have a 5yo dsd who is w me 24/7 i will be havin our son anytime...
I thought i was gonna be the hermit crab mom in the house for a couple weeks...then the other day i realized that i cant stop my life w rainey because of tristan. She has school theres grocery shopping activities...im kinda stuck on it...im determined to bf also which will prolly be another thing.
Aside from lugging carseat everywhere what is a good sling or carrier? We received infantino flip at the shower but it doesnt seem super safe for a newborn. I like the idea of a moby but have heard its very complicated. Also...tips to bf in public? It is new to me so i will be learning. Hubby dsnt think i will produce enough but i refuse to use
formula...
Any tips greatly appreciated ty!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:48 PM
If you practice with the moby, it's quite easy. But it only lasts the newborn stage. Once baby hits the wiggly stage, he's at risk of falling out. It's not good for back carries either.

Take the infantino flip back. It can cause hip dysplacia. The Union and the Support are infantinos only two that don't other than the Sash Meitai. You may like the Meitai.

Woven wraps and ring slings are also great options.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
farmlovin
by Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Ring sling all the way! I loooooooved mine. I never used the carseat carrier for anything other than a carseat. Breastfeeding in public for me means layers.nursing tank, shirt/tank over that one. Pull one up, the other down & baby covers the rest. You can practice in front of a mirror. I'm busty, but after practice - no one ever had a clue I was nursing. Ring slings are super for breastfeeding as well. I love my ergo carrier too, but have never used it with a teeny tiny baby. Also - tell hubby that if he doesn't have anything supportive to say to please not say anything at all. Why does he think you won't produce enough?

Congratulations on the new baby! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brandy85412
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:10 PM
I thought a moby was complicated at first but it really isn't. do you know someone that could show you? They are great for newborns. A ring sling is good too and baby can be in it just like a moby and it is good for nursing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Baby K'Tan, its the same concept of a Moby with out the long pieces of fabric the tie.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Tell hubby he has NO way to know that you wont produce enough and that if he says that again you will sock him in the nose...seriously NO ONE should put this thought in a moms head! If I remember right the flip is a crotch dangler..not good for any babies really. I would exchange that for the infantino union or balance. I like my moby for newborns..once you learn how to wrap it its easy to use and you can leave it on while driving(just take baby out)
LondonsMomma84
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:59 AM

WTF is wrong with your hubby? Seriously? 

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:21 PM

The moby isn't hard once you learn it. There is the boba wrap which is like the moby but all put together for you.

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:22 PM

In regards to bfing the chance of you not making enough milk is slim. Just nurse on demand. For nursing in public until I got the hang of it I brought the boppy everywhere and it helped a lot.

monalisasus
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Your hubby is nuts. You will produce just fine if you keep nursing and drink lots of water. only a small percent cant. 

I also Like the moby wrap becasue I can basically keep it on like a comfy shirt and just take the baby in and out. and its only like 30 bucks.

TheWornOne
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Regarding the "babywearing": It is great that your wanting to wear your baby and keep your lil boy close. I would really encourge you to take the Infantion BACK! Those are horrible for your back and for baby. The Moby isnt very complicated once you have done it a couple time. And its a great first time carrier, so is the Ergo or Boba (the Boba has a newborn step to the carrier. I would reccommend the Boba over any buckle carrier). It's a buckle carrier where you snap and go. Some more great options are ring slings (Sakura Bloom or a wrap conversion), woven wraps (which is like the moby but the fabric is alot more study), Mei Tai (Babyhawk). If you have any more questions please feel free to PM me. Its my job to know carriers and other natural baby products (cloth diapers, toys, baby care, etc.), I currently work at a brick and motor store called Rosie Posie Baby in So. Cali. A great website to visit it PAXbaby.com. Loads of info and they also sell carriers.

Now, regaruding the NIP (Nursing In Public) question. First off subscribe to the Badass Breastfeeder's newletter. Its pack with encourging words and insperation. Second, a support system. Find your local NP parenting group, babywearing group, Le Leche League. There you will get the best support. Bring along your SO. They have snack there. LOL. And third, forget what other people say. Remember you are giving your baby the best! You are doing nothing differnt than what women have been doing for over a million years. YOU ROCK! And your one devoted mom and hero!

I also run a Natural Parenting fan page on facebook (Natural Parenting Junkie) where im a HUGE adovcate for NIP. Come and like it, we post things to help you on your Natural Parenting Journey. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN