Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

gender reveal party?

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:25 AM
  • 10 Replies
I dont know what to do. Dh want a vasectomy after ghis child, we have three boys and would like a girl. We found out the sex each time, dh really wanted to, and i was never surprised.when i founs out the gender, and i was still excited actually, even though i did want a girl. Well, this time i dont know how i will react, but i wanted yhis baby to be a surprise, but dh has to know, so i was thinking maybe having a gender reveal.party to make it special or something, wib just family and.close friends becauae we cant afford a huge party. But, i am.worries i may cry or something if its a boy....although its never been my reaction before. Opinions?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:14 PM

We decided against a party because of my reaction AND the reaction of others...I dont think I couldve handled the negative reactions since its boy #5.

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:18 PM

I would find out the sex if you think there is a chance you might feel disappointment. It will give you time to work through the emotions. We didn't do a party. We bought a boy onesie and had our dd open the box on Thanksgiving to announce the gender. 

Precious333
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Maybe something like that. I want to have something special to celebrate this LO

Quoting JoJoBean8:

I would find out the sex if you think there is a chance you might feel disappointment. It will give you time to work through the emotions. We didn't do a party. We bought a boy onesie and had our dd open the box on Thanksgiving to announce the gender. 

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:30 PM

We wanted to do something to make our dd feel special and included. So she picked out the two outfits. Then when she opened it she yelled out it;s a boy.

Quoting Precious333:

Maybe something like that. I want to have something special to celebrate this LO

Quoting JoJoBean8:

EslingerCrew11
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:34 PM
We did a party, but WE knew what it was. We had a few days to process, then had everyone get together and let our older two cut the cake to show everyone. It was still really fun.

If we have another (would be #5), we'll do it opposite with everyone else knowing and then us showing up to find out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:36 PM
I wouldn't do a party
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Maybe we can do it that way instead.

Quoting EslingerCrew11:

We did a party, but WE knew what it was. We had a few days to process, then had everyone get together and let our older two cut the cake to show everyone. It was still really fun.

If we have another (would be #5), we'll do it opposite with everyone else knowing and then us showing up to find out.

kfrog13
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:56 AM

I didn't want to find out with my first, but my DH did.  So we were going to keep it a secret, but made the mistake of telling everyone we knew and were keeping it a secret.  I'm really thinking I want to do a sex reveal party the next time around (since it will be our second), but I think I may have to know before everyone else.

MommaTasha1003
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:01 AM

My best friend is having a gender reveal party... Cant wait!!!

But others reactions worry me.. She has twin boys & everyone wants her to have a girl... IDK why but it makes me a lil sad everyones all up on the girl thing. In the past her twins were a  high risk pregnancy & the last 2yrs she has had 2 miscarriages.. I just want a safe, full term pregnancy with a healthy & happy mommy & baby.. Boy or girl that baby is already loved & wanted & will be spoiled lol...

Mrs.Salz
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:43 PM

I wouldn't want to find out the gender at a party in front of friends and family.

I'm not really a fan of gender reveal parties because a lot of people (in general, not you specifically) expect so many gifts - one at the party, another at a shower, and then another after baby is born. I don't think it's reasonable to expect that much attention or that many gifts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)