Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

natural birth...

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:28 AM
  • 6 Replies
Hi my name is angelica And I had a natural birth .don't know which was worse natural or c section. My doc was out of town so I end up not getting what I wanted.. so in the end I payed for it in the air for 2 hrs cause the doctor didn't know how to stitch.. had she listened to wheat I wanted to be cut ... it wouldn't have been so bad...
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I totally feel you!

I transferred to an OB from my midwife at 42 weeks for my VBAC.  The OB spent 1.5 hours stitching 2nd degree tears on the inside of my vagina while I cursed at her.  I think recovery from those damn stitches was worse than it would have been to simply deal with the pain of the tears. (And the midwife wouldn't have stitched such tears at all!)

My prior section recovery was super smooth--mainly because of all the drugs I was on.  But I could at least pee without screaming for two weeks!

Mrs.Salz
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:44 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm sorry things didn't go how you were expecting. Maybe next time you could work with a midwife? An out of hospital birth makes it a lot more manageable for most women.

catholicmamamia
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:21 PM

I am sorry to hear (read) that.. :o( 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

angelica4685
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Yes me too I loved on the second floor thought I was gonna die...
Precious333
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:10 PM
Hugs, sorry :(

I never had a csec, but my mom had four. I did have a traumatic vaginak birth in a hospital, and it took a while for baby and i to recover/heal from that experience.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Brandy85412
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 6:42 PM

sorry you had a hard time. That sounds like my second delivery.  The ob didn't wait till I was numb to start stitching. I went with a midwife and had a homebirth with my thrid and it was wonderful! I didn't have an episiotomy. I only tore a little and the midwife did a great job sewing me up felt like new! No problems after.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)