Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

treating reflux without meds

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:16 AM
  • 10 Replies

Looks like DS has reflux :(

I found some info on treating it with homeopathy, craniosacral therapy, and chiropractics, also going to eliminate dairy from my diet,

Just wondering if anyone has other suggestions or experience?

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tuckermum
by Crysta on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SadieJames
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:23 AM

My mom worked for a Chiro who did reflux adjustments on infants and had excellent results - I would definitely try that.  It usually took around 6 treatments if I remember correctly.  

Mrs.Salz
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:44 PM

I think we'll look into that if the CST doesn't help.

Quoting SadieJames:

My mom worked for a Chiro who did reflux adjustments on infants and had excellent results - I would definitely try that.  It usually took around 6 treatments if I remember correctly.  

larissalarie
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Do you have overactive letdown/oversupply? That's by far the most common cause of "reflux" and managing that will help fix it. Next culprit is usually dairy (and about half who have issues with dairy will also have or develop an issue with soy), eliminating that COMPLETELY (read labels for hidden dairy in processed foods) helps greatly, but it takes up to a month to see full results because that's how long it takes for those proteins to completely clear your bodies!
Most "reflux" could be cured with addressing those two things. For the small percentage who truly have a medical issue after that, medication can certainly help. My middle child had to be medicated, which I HATED, and he was about 2.5 before we could finally get him off of them without him being miserable.

I've heard a chiropractor can really help with true reflux, but I didn't know about thatuntil after I'd been through it and medicated my guy.

Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
secondboy2012
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Bentonite clay, marshmallow root and a chiro has helped my son.
Mrs.Salz
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 2:43 PM

I don't think so. I re-read about OAL and the symptoms are similar but I don't think it's the cause.

I'm going dairy free starting today - been thinking about it for awhile so I guess this is the catalyst I need to actually do it.

Quoting larissalarie:

Do you have overactive letdown/oversupply? That's by far the most common cause of "reflux" and managing that will help fix it. Next culprit is usually dairy (and about half who have issues with dairy will also have or develop an issue with soy), eliminating that COMPLETELY (read labels for hidden dairy in processed foods) helps greatly, but it takes up to a month to see full results because that's how long it takes for those proteins to completely clear your bodies!
Most "reflux" could be cured with addressing those two things. For the small percentage who truly have a medical issue after that, medication can certainly help. My middle child had to be medicated, which I HATED, and he was about 2.5 before we could finally get him off of them without him being miserable.

I've heard a chiropractor can really help with true reflux, but I didn't know about thatuntil after I'd been through it and medicated my guy.

Good luck!

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Mar. 4, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Have you tried the chiro?

catholicmamamia
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:18 PM

I would look into oal/oversupply, block feed, and chiro. 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

peaches_04
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 2:55 AM
Chiro abd hazelwood
peaches_04
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 2:56 AM
I think hazelaid.com takes paypal too
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)