Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

subchorrionic hemorrhage

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:55 AM
  • 13 Replies

Any natural ways to help baby be ok?

Any tips or advice or stories...I just found out I  have one, I'm 12 weeks and doctor put me on restrictions. I'm scared and board because I quit my job (too much speed walking).

I was just wondering if there's any tea's or herbs that I should take or avoid?

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Salz
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:01 PM

From what I understand, just take care of yourself and eat healthy. They're pretty common and usually resolve on their own. A lot of women don't even know they have one if they don't have an early u/s.

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:36 PM
I have no experience but here's a bump
jconney80
by Group Mod on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:49 PM
I'd eat healthy and take care of yourself. Eliminating processed foods can make any pregnancy healthier
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:49 PM
I don't know specifically about this though. Hopefully someone else does
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JMmama
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Just take it easy. I had one with my last baby and there isn't really anything you can do about them. The vast majority resolve on their own and cause no issues. Have you had any symptoms? With mine, I bled every day from week 5 until 2 days before my anatomy scan. Most of the time it was varying degrees of spotting but I did have a few episodes of very heavy bleeding and I passed several large clots. Baby ended up being just fine. My OB was concerned about my placenta function because I bled so far into my 2nd trimester and DS was ultimately diagnosed with IUGR. That isn't generally the case though, especially if you aren't actively bleeding.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
3kidz123
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 6:48 PM

I've been lucky so far. At 4 and 1/2 weeks I had a pinkish tinge to my normal discharge once and I had a bad back pain right after. I drank a glass of water, put on a pad and went to bed thinking I was loosing the baby. I woke up in the morning and nothing, no blood, no pink. Since then I haven't had so much as a spot. My doctor put me on restrictions...no sex, no exercise, and no lifting. I left my job because my comute often included speed walking and runing across the street (my doctor said I could walk slowly and that was it) and I've been taking it easy since. I was told to  get in if I bleed and that was all I had to worry about (blood). 

I'm pretty much just taking it easy till me anatomy ultrasound between 18-20 weeks (I'm 12 now).

What is IUGR?

Quoting JMmama:

Just take it easy. I had one with my last baby and there isn't really anything you can do about them. The vast majority resolve on their own and cause no issues. Have you had any symptoms? With mine, I bled every day from week 5 until 2 days before my anatomy scan. Most of the time it was varying degrees of spotting but I did have a few episodes of very heavy bleeding and I passed several large clots. Baby ended up being just fine. My OB was concerned about my placenta function because I bled so far into my 2nd trimester and DS was ultimately diagnosed with IUGR. That isn't generally the case though, especially if you aren't actively bleeding.

JMmama
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:58 PM
IUGR is InterUterine Growth Restriction. Basically, baby has a hard time getting enough nutrients to grow inside because of some issue with the placenta. My OB thinks that my SCH caused some damage to my placenta because I had so much 2nd trimester bleeding and due to the size and position of my SCH. If I am remembering correctly. Joey is 14m now and DH was deployed during my pregnancy. It was a stressful time and the details are a little fuzzy. Joey was born full term (day before his due date) on his own and totally naturally though, so an SCH on its own should not discourage you from planning a natural birth. Most do resolve on their own. My OB had me on pelvic rest but did not otherwise restrict my activity, which was good because I was on my own with 3 little ones.

Yes, go in if you are bleeding but even if you do that does not mean something is wrong. I had 3 episodes of significant bleeding, filling a pad in less than an hour and my baby was still fine. Most of the time SCHs are scary and nerve wracking but rarely do they endanger the baby.

Quoting 3kidz123:

I've been lucky so far. At 4 and 1/2 weeks I had a pinkish tinge to my normal discharge once and I had a bad back pain right after. I drank a glass of water, put on a pad and went to bed thinking I was loosing the baby. I woke up in the morning and nothing, no blood, no pink. Since then I haven't had so much as a spot. My doctor put me on restrictions...no sex, no exercise, and no lifting. I left my job because my comute often included speed walking and runing across the street (my doctor said I could walk slowly and that was it) and I've been taking it easy since. I was told to  get in if I bleed and that was all I had to worry about (blood). 

I'm pretty much just taking it easy till me anatomy ultrasound between 18-20 weeks (I'm 12 now).

What is IUGR?

Quoting JMmama:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Take it easy, hope things get better!

hapababies
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Red raspberry leaf tea is supposed to help your uterus and placenta be healthy. I don't know much about the tea, but there are mamas in here that do. There have been a lot of posts about it, so do a group search about the tea and you will find a lot of good information.
Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hapababies
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:09 PM
I had a very similar pregnancy to yours, except I had a partial placental abruption. I also had heavy bleeding, large clots, and sporadic bleeding well into my second trimester. My son was also IUGR and was born 4 days before his due date, although I was induced because the placenta was deteriorating.
He is a healthy, crazy 20 month old now.

Quoting JMmama:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN