Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Both boys

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:20 PM
  • 21 Replies

I was 20 when I had my first son and I dont do so well with pain but I put my mind to it that I was not having a huge needle put in my back after my aunt told me her story. I was 4 days over due and had to be induced. I did it all natural :) The dr broke my water at 6 pm and My handsome little man was born at 12:01 on April 21st. My second son was due on the 8 of june I had my mind made I was doing it all natural again. Sure enough I went into labor at 1am on the 7th and did it all natural again and he was born the 8th. :) I think its the best decision I have made. My aunt still has problems because of her epidural. Did any other moms do it natural and if not did you have any problems after the epidural?

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this
My first was not natural but I didn't have an epi.
My second was natural and beautiful. Such an amazing experience.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:37 PM

I had an epi and my back has never been the same. I have horrible pain.

imtheonlysane1
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:46 PM

I have 4 children and they have all been natural births with no medication. I have never felt labor pains though, in fact I have no pain until baby is coming out. In one way I like that I don't feel the labor but in another way all the pain hits me at once. Thankfully all my deliveries have been fast. I am currently pregnant with #5 and I assume it will be the same this time =). 

Mrs.Salz
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:26 PM

My first was drug-free in a hospital, second was unassisted at home. Fear of side effects from an epidural was one of the main things that started my research into natural birth.

rjmac88
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:33 PM
My first was an epideual birth. My left leg never regained feeling. Yay nerve damage.
My second was a natural hospital birth
Third was a natural birth at a free standing birth center
This one will be born at home
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:36 PM
I've never had an epidural. My births have been natural (not induced).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kiki2382
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 6:44 PM
I had an epi with my first and it didn't wear off til 8 hours after birth and I had a twinge in my back for months after. My second was a natural hospital birth. Next one will either be in freestanding birthcenter, or homebirth.
tuckermum
by Crysta on Mar. 5, 2013 at 6:55 PM
I did it all natural in the hospital. I got to labor most of it at home which was nice. I felt all in my back which sucked lol.
Brandy85412
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:27 PM

I didn't have an epidural with any of my kids.

I did have a interfical with my first and it numbed my bladder and I hated that.

#2 nothing

Had # 3 at home my best experince!

littlelambe2
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Both of my births were completely natural. Both were empowering. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)