Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

getting baby to crib

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:21 PM
  • 24 Replies

my mom allowed my daughter to sleep on here while first born, even though i asked her not to. well now my daughter falls asleep nursing and I can't get her down without waking her. I don't like cosleeping and it's wearing on me because she's ten months. does anyone have any suggestions (please don't be harsh)

by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jconney80
by Group Mod on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:37 PM
I have no advice. My daughter sleeps sidecarred to my bed in her crib. I did the same with my son and he went into his own bed at 19 months
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:37 PM
1 mom liked this
The book The No Cry Sleep Solution is a good resource. It has a part on transitioning to cribs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Um, I was gonna suggest side carring and the book No Cry Sleep Solution. So here's a parrot to pp. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justone_jen
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol, our crib has only been used for a few naps and for when other small children are over. I'm no help! I'd never sleep if I didn't bedshare. Sorry!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
soulofsunmama
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:12 AM
Same here, finally just put crib on side of road, and it was gone*whew* the next morning.

Quoting justone_jen:

Lol, our crib has only been used for a few naps and for when other small children are over. I'm no help! I'd never sleep if I didn't bedshare. Sorry!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justone_jen
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:26 AM
Lol! We joke about making her room a guest room because she never uses it.

Quoting soulofsunmama:

Same here, finally just put crib on side of road, and it was gone*whew* the next morning.

Quoting justone_jen:

isaacsmommy68
by Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:38 AM
1 mom liked this

We used our crib as a changing table until he started to sit up, then we had to drop the mattress. Now it stores extra blankets. My first didnt sleep in it until we used it as a toddler bed. I think this one will be the same. LOL. I am glad I am not the only one.

melindabelcher
by mel on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Nurse to sleep lay baby down in crib. Baby wakes and repeat regardless if it's been 5min or 5hrs.
I agree with pp sidecaring a crib may be a good middle ground.
In full disclosure I bed share ideally until 2ish yrs I did attempt to use a pack and play for a couple months because of the rules of where I was staying. And it was alot of work and still ended with her in the bed with us sometimes 30 minutes or 4 hours after she fell asleep
monalisasus
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:00 AM
3 moms liked this

So I had the same thing too. I had to put a stuffed animal on her back after rubbing her back in the crib until she fell asleep...she was a tummy sleeper. I have seen some people fill a glove with rice so its like a hand on the baby and then remove it after they are sound asleep. I never had the problem until she moved to her crib from the bassinet. Its not your mom its just that they love sleeping by you and want that boob to be available lol. For some reason they know the second your hand lifts form thier body which is why I went indiana jones and would replace it will a stuffy. 

soulofsunmama
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Yea, ours turned into a catch-all, (complete with baby gate) for any dangerous furniture when it came time to baby proof...and all the cute decorations are now just integrated into decorating rest of house, lol

Quoting justone_jen:

Lol! We joke about making her room a guest room because she never uses it.

Quoting soulofsunmama:

Quoting justone_jen:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)