Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tell me I'm not alone

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:46 PM
  • 13 Replies
For those mama's who AP and attempt gentle discipline...tell me you have days too where all your patience just gets zapped. My dd, Emi, is my little Princess and 99% of the time I am totally up for being there for her, snuggling and playing whenever...but every now and I then I'm just drained. We went on a trip with our family and ever since we got back my baby girl went from being a great sleeper to fighting every second of it. She's 20 months old and we cosleep for bedtime and she naps in her crib. Used to be we'd just snuggle in bed and she'd go right to sleep, now she screams and cries and refuses to go down and I'm just at a loss. I'm also 23 weeks pregnant so her nap and bed times are mine too and it's getting so hard to be patient through the sometimes two hours of her fighting sleep.
It's so hard to not want to just throw in the towel and walk away. But I could never leave my baby girl to cry.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
larissalarie
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Lol, I think...no wait I KNOW... we all have bad days, no matter what our parenting style is like!! Anyone who claims otherwise is most likely being less than honest.

My kiddos got to an age where they wouldn't settle down and sleep with me anymore. It wasn't a huge deal since I've always started them out for the night in their own bed, it just meant that when they woke in the night I had to sit up and rock/nurse, then lay them back in their bed so they'd sleep. Otherwise we'd be fighting sleep and not actually sleeping the rest of the night.

If you've been back from your trip for more than a week or two and this is still an issue, you might look into transitioning her into get own bed, especially if you want that to happen before the new baby comes anyway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Tabi - Admin on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this

YES there are days that I lose my cool even.  AP is not easy or natural for everyone and some days it just really takes work

hapababies
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Goodness, no, you are certainly not alone. I have to try really, really hard not to lose it when AF comes around. My patience and energy level are non existent and I can't deal with the normal toddler behaviors. I have 2 boys, 3 and 20 months old, and they can get pretty rascally.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:32 PM

You are definitely not alone.

peaches_04
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Def not alone.

tansyflower
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Not alone at all! I cried when i moved my 10 month old to his crib...and the worst part? By the second nite that child was sleeping 6 hours at a crack and he was going into his crib awake with no problems putting himself down. He slept a million times better away from me. After i got over the initial shock now i realize that i was holding onto co sleeping more for me than for him lol!
Amycapl
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this

sometimes i truly have to say out loud "i am in control... i am calm... i will STAY calm...." 

CafeMom Tickers
taeray
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:40 PM
How did you do it without cio? If I start her in bed she freaks out. Tonight I got her to fall asleep with me while we laid on the couch but I think that was a lucky break. She's asleep in her toddler bed now but I have no idea how to gently transition her than to keep doing what I'm doing.

Quoting tansyflower:

Not alone at all! I cried when i moved my 10 month old to his crib...and the worst part? By the second nite that child was sleeping 6 hours at a crack and he was going into his crib awake with no problems putting himself down. He slept a million times better away from me. After i got over the initial shock now i realize that i was holding onto co sleeping more for me than for him lol!
Mrs.Salz
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:42 PM

I think we all have those days! I know I do!

catholicmamamia
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:07 AM

AP comes very naturally for me.. and believe me, I have my moments too!  ;o) 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)