• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cranberry Juice vs Cranberry Extract*Edit*

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:51 PM
  • 7 Replies
Which do you ladies think is better for uti/bladder infection? I am trying to stave one off but I can't drink too much juice because the acid upsets my stomach. The gel caps are much gentler on my stomach.
Update- The extract seems to have worked! No funny feelings in my lady bits :)
Thank you all for your input!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:53 PM
The leaves are more medicinal than the berries, so I go for a tea/tincture/herbal capsule.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
907PickleMom
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Good to know! You are always a wealth of helpful information!

Quoting jellyphish:

The leaves are more medicinal than the berries, so I go for a tea/tincture/herbal capsule.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Good info!

JoJoBean8
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:26 PM

I always just drank water and was able to keep the uti away

GoodyBrook
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Not sure which one is better, but here is a treatment suggest by my midwife to restore the body's pH and put UTIs and yeast infections out of commission:

1 teaspoon baking soda in 1/2 cup water.  Then immediately drink 1/2 cup water.  20 minutes later drink one cup water.  20 minutes after that drink one cup more water.  Repeat the above steps a second time after 2 hours.

Hope you get your UTI under control...They're miserable!

MamaSun08
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:07 AM

Quoting GoodyBrook:

1 teaspoon baking soda in 1/2 cup water.  Then immediately drink 1/2 cup water.  20 minutes later drink one cup water.  20 minutes after that drink one cup more water.  Repeat the above steps a second time after 2 hours.

This is interesting.  Never heard of this one before.  Thanks for sharing.  Seems like it might be good to do every once in a while for a pH balance.

GoodyBrook
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting MamaSun08:

Quoting GoodyBrook:

This is interesting.  Never heard of this one before.  Thanks for sharing.  Seems like it might be good to do every once in a while for a pH balance.

If you do it, know that it *should* make you urinate frequently, so you might not want to do this after mid-morning.  (Or you might be up all night, running to the toilet!)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)