Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

i need help choosing between carseats!

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 2:17 PM
  • 28 Replies
so i am looking at two different seats. the safety 1st guide 65 sport and the evenflo sureride DLX 65. they both have 40 pound rear facing limit and 65 forward facing limit. they have the same 40 inch height limit on the rearfacing BUT the safety first only has a 52 inch forward facing height limit compared to the evenflo which has a 54 inch height limit. they are within 20 bucks of each other so they are pretty close in price. if you had to choose would you pick the one with the longer shell that will forward face longer (evenflow) or would you rather have the adjustable buckle on the safety first so you could move the buckle out when they get older and ff? uggghhh i am so confused people :(
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tansyflower
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 2:24 PM
the only thing i am having a hard time finding is how long these seats are good for....anyone know where i can get that info?
larissalarie
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 3:10 PM
I totally typed out a a reply in the other group and you deleted the post!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tansyflower
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Quoting larissalarie:

I totally typed out a a reply in the other group and you deleted the post!
uggh i was on my stupid nook and it deleted my reply/post...i HATE that thing! i am sorry :( i really want to hear what you have to say. it turns out the evenlfo has the same rear facing height limit as the safety first so now i am super confused...HELP ME!
MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Both are great seats for the money.

Like their expiration date? The sureride is 6 yrs. I *think* the guide is the same 6 yrs.
Sureride has 19 inch top slots vs the Guides 17.5 inches so I personally would choose that one out of those 2.

Here's a quick way to see them all at once. :)

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AvfUm4x64h3AdFZ0c0pkbkRlV1hfeklSWmpZY0kweEE&hl=en
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Mar. 13, 2013 at 3:20 PM
The sure ride doesn't have the 40 in rule it's an even foo. But it's not super tall rfing. Sure ride is loads taller ffing though!
ceckyl
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 3:26 PM
It actually does have a rfing height limit strictly stated, I think evenflo is going that way now.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

The sure ride doesn't have the 40 in rule it's an even foo. But it's not super tall rfing. Sure ride is loads taller ffing though!

tansyflower
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Thanks for the insight....i have been so focused on weight limits that it didnt occure to me that i should also be looking at hight limits....DUH! But i think for the extra 20 bucks having a taller shell makes sense if i want to get the most use out of this seat.

Quoting MaryJarrett:

Like their expiration date? The sureride is 6 yrs. I *think* the guide is the same 6 yrs.

Sureride has 19 inch top slots vs the Guides 17.5 inches so I personally would choose that one out of those 2.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AvfUm4x64h3AdFZ0c0pkbkRlV1hfeklSWmpZY0kweEE&hl=en
tansyflower
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 3:45 PM
I know that neither choice has a super tall rear facing height but this is the best i can do on my budget. At least this way i can turn my son back around and hopefully keep him rf until he is 3-4 yrs old. Plus i really would like something that will keep them both in a 5 point harness for as long as possible.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

tansyflower
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 3:48 PM
I didnt trust walmarts online description so i made sure to go to safety 1st and evenflos website to get more info on their rear facing height limits since walmart never mentioned that at all. They both had a 40 inch rear faceing limit.

Quoting ceckyl:

It actually does have a rfing height limit strictly stated, I think evenflo is going that way now.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Usually they're outgrown by height before weight in most seats, especially the FF limit. With FF straps having to come from above the shoulders it's more likely they'll hit those strap limits before hitting 65lbs. Unless you have a shorter than average, heavier than average child. Usually the FF limit is over inflated. Like 70lbs for the size4me/mysize/headwise or the 80lbs of the Radian, yeah, you'll pretty much never see a kid touch those and still fit height wise. Not that I don't like those seats, they are great seats, but those super high limits just hook people in, they aren't realistic.

Quoting tansyflower:

Thanks for the insight....i have been so focused on weight limits that it didnt occure to me that i should also be looking at hight limits....DUH! But i think for the extra 20 bucks having a taller shell makes sense if i want to get the most use out of this seat.

Quoting MaryJarrett:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)