Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Birth Story! Baby Aiden is Here!

Posted by   + Show Post
Update! On march 2 at 35 weeks pregnant with my first baby at 25years old, i went to visit a friend who worked in a hospital and as I was about to leave my water broke right there by the lobby. We rushed up to the labor delivery floor getting my water all over the elevator. This wasnt even my hospital.I gave them my birth plan and it was followed very close to what I wanted. I only had antibiotics and fluids by iv. I refused pitocin and all pain meds. My blood pressure wad high so I had to remain in bed.Luckily labor was progressing on its own. After a very intense hard labor and much screaming, my baby was born over 17 hours after my water broke on march3. As I held him,the nicu woman told me they would have to stay a week and be monitered away from me. She took him and checked him over. I heard her saying in disbelief that he looked great and wouldnt need nicu afterall. He weighed 5 lbs 12oz and was 18 1/2 inches. He got to room with me. When it was time for his check up before discharge, they realized he was jaundice and had lost too much weight. I was told we had to stay another day atleast and I had to supplement similac instead of exclusively breastfeeding. He had to be put under lights for jaundice. I cried alot and visited him every 3 hours to breast and bottle feed. The next day he got checked up and had bounced back. He was able to go home. We had his first check up monday and he has gained back his birth weight and is doing great. Nobody knows why my water broke so early,maybe my body did that to avoid preeclampsia. I just feel so blessed and happy!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Replies (11-20):
Corina1987
by Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this

New Message

907PickleMom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 8:31 PM
Congratulations!
Mrs.Salz
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 8:38 PM

He's adorable!

Corina1987
by Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Thank you. I did cry when I started bottle feeding but I wanted him to get better. Now I've decided to only supplement two or three bottles a day.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

So glad you had a good birth, so pissed they pushed you into formula and SO MUCH for SO LONG

Corina1987
by Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Thank you:)

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

He's adorable!

Corina1987
by Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Thanks!

Quoting 907PickleMom:

Congratulations!

Jensep
by Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Good for you for sticking by what you want! I LOVE your pics, I am due with #2 in may, can't wait!!!

Quoting Corina1987:

Thank you! There were two doctors that night. The woman followed my plan but the guy gave me a hard time. Good thing im stubborn lol.I told the woman I wanted her and I was so glad I got her when I delivered. He was born twenty minutes before her shift ended.

Quoting Jensep:

Congrats on your baby! You got lucky that the hospital was so good at following your plan :)

Corina1987
by Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Thanx:) Congrats! I miss being pregnant in some ways. In a few years we will try for another.We are enjoying our little aiden and parenthood. How do you plan to have your birth?

Quoting Jensep:

Good for you for sticking by what you want! I LOVE your pics, I am due with #2 in may, can't wait!!!

Quoting Corina1987:

Thank you! There were two doctors that night. The woman followed my plan but the guy gave me a hard time. Good thing im stubborn lol.I told the woman I wanted her and I was so glad I got her when I delivered. He was born twenty minutes before her shift ended.

Quoting Jensep:

Congrats on your baby! You got lucky that the hospital was so good at following your plan :)

Mommy2justone
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 9:43 PM
Congratulations!!! What a cutie patooty!
I would remove those strap covers though. They prevent the chest clip from being at armpit level (belly level could cause internal damage in an accident) and prevents the straps from being tight enough (snug as a hug or pinch the strap at the collar bone if you can pinch it between your fingers, it's too loose.
I have almost the exact same picture of my little one before someone showed me what happens in an accident if it isn't correct.

Quoting Corina1987:

New Message

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Mar. 13, 2013 at 9:44 PM

You did such a great job!  Congrats Mama!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)