Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

UPDATE: Sick 1 Year Old HELP!

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 9:21 PM
  • 17 Replies
Trystan is 13 months. He was fed breastmilk till 7 months, formula till a year and now on cows milk.

Yesterday afternoon/evening he started projectile vomitting his milk and the cheese he ate earlier that day and couldnt keep anything down. Spiked a fever too

This morning he woke up his happy self, playing and eating till 30 minutes ago when up came the bottle he drank no more then a few minutes earlier completely curdled and smelling nasty.

He was fine all day holding down milk and juice and solids. The local clinic is closed, too far to travel to an ER and we really dont want to do an emergency call to the clinic (we hate the ass of a doctor) if its something simple.

And ideas please help!

3/16
He has to have a virus or something. He woke up fine playing on the bed and trying to push daddy off the bed as usual lol then he had a completely liquid messy diaper and hasnt wanted down since and screams if you try to sit him down for a few seconds.

Me on the other had feels like shit! Woke up puking, fever, body aches, and unable to hold anything down. r
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Mar. 15, 2013 at 9:30 PM

If he was fine all day holding down milk and juice and solids why worry.  Sounds like he's just getting better?

Cynthje
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 9:32 PM

I wouildnt worry too much about it, he wont get dehydrated since he did hold down the milk and other stuff earlier in the day so that wont be an issue. I would  not offer more milk for today though, maybe just some water or diluted juice and see what tomorrow brings.

Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 9:59 PM
I already told daddy no more milk for the day and he drank half a bottle of diluted apple juice.

Quoting Cynthje:

I wouildnt worry too much about it, he wont get dehydrated since he did hold down the milk and other stuff earlier in the day so that wont be an issue. I would  not offer more milk for today though, maybe just some water or diluted juice and see what tomorrow brings.

jconney80
by Group Mod on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:40 PM
I'd just keep an eye on him. It sounds like it's probably a little bug. I don't think you need to rush off anywhere!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:29 PM

Agreed. And at this age, I would just back off the milk and do natural broths, juices, etc. until it clears.. then reintroduce his milk of choice. Hope he feels better soon!

Quoting jconney80: I'd just keep an eye on him. It sounds like it's probably a little bug. I don't think you need to rush off anywhere!

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:33 AM
Im hoping just a tummy bug

Quoting jconney80:

I'd just keep an eye on him. It sounds like it's probably a little bug. I don't think you need to rush off anywhere!
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:34 AM
I hope he feels better soon too! Just had a bottle of juice vomited straight on me from only a few inches away.

Quoting catholicmamamia:

Agreed. And at this age, I would just back off the milk and do natural broths, juices, etc. until it clears.. then reintroduce his milk of choice. Hope he feels better soon!

Quoting jconney80: I'd just keep an eye on him. It sounds like it's probably a little bug. I don't think you need to rush off anywhere!

larissalarie
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:44 AM
This.

I'd just keep him hydrated and wait it out.
I just spent the afternoon/evening having my child seen for a 105.5 fever against my better judgment (succumbed to hubby's pressure...now I get to say "I told you so" lol) and it was a total waste of time!

Quoting jconney80:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:57 AM

Does your insurance company have a "phone a nurse" telephone number on the back of your insurance card?  Sometimes it's nice to have reassurance that we're doing the best...

Maybe some electrolytes are in order?

Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:02 AM
No which is crap! We just got switched to this new company too and they are denying every crappy thing as it is including our boys well child checks.

Quoting GoodyBrook:

Does your insurance company have a "phone a nurse" telephone number on the back of your insurance card?  Sometimes it's nice to have reassurance that we're doing the best...

Maybe some electrolytes are in order?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)