Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting
Trystan is 13 months. He was fed breastmilk till 7 months, formula till a year and now on cows milk.

Yesterday afternoon/evening he started projectile vomitting his milk and the cheese he ate earlier that day and couldnt keep anything down. Spiked a fever too

This morning he woke up his happy self, playing and eating till 30 minutes ago when up came the bottle he drank no more then a few minutes earlier completely curdled and smelling nasty.

He was fine all day holding down milk and juice and solids. The local clinic is closed, too far to travel to an ER and we really dont want to do an emergency call to the clinic (we hate the ass of a doctor) if its something simple.

And ideas please help!

3/16
He has to have a virus or something. He woke up fine playing on the bed and trying to push daddy off the bed as usual lol then he had a completely liquid messy diaper and hasnt wanted down since and screams if you try to sit him down for a few seconds.

Me on the other had feels like shit! Woke up puking, fever, body aches, and unable to hold anything down. r
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Replies (11-17):
JMmama
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:10 AM
My 3 year old and 14 month old just had something similar. Neither had a fever, well Joey may have had a small one but he tends to run warm in general so it can be hard to tell without using a thermometer, and they would both sometimes keep down liquids and solids and then they would randomly throw up. For Joey (14m) it started with some milk. He threw up his milk a couple times but nothing else. Then he threw up anything he swallowed. Then he was fine. He was over it in about 48 hours. Jackson (3) went from totally fine to a little puny to vomiting everywhere in less than 3 hours. He couldn't keep anything at all down overnight but by the next day was handling fluids (juice, Gatorade, Popsicles, etc) just fine. He would keep things down for several hours, solid and liquid, and then would randomly throw up. It started Saturday and he wasn't really back to his old self until Thursday. He also had diarrhea and stomach pain.
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:00 AM
Ya sounds like my little man, he also had the worst blow out diaper this morning that his dad and i have ever seen. It started Thursday night so im hoping it will be over tomorrow.

Quoting JMmama:

My 3 year old and 14 month old just had something similar. Neither had a fever, well Joey may have had a small one but he tends to run warm in general so it can be hard to tell without using a thermometer, and they would both sometimes keep down liquids and solids and then they would randomly throw up. For Joey (14m) it started with some milk. He threw up his milk a couple times but nothing else. Then he threw up anything he swallowed. Then he was fine. He was over it in about 48 hours. Jackson (3) went from totally fine to a little puny to vomiting everywhere in less than 3 hours. He couldn't keep anything at all down overnight but by the next day was handling fluids (juice, Gatorade, Popsicles, etc) just fine. He would keep things down for several hours, solid and liquid, and then would randomly throw up. It started Saturday and he wasn't really back to his old self until Thursday. He also had diarrhea and stomach pain.
amazzonia
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:45 AM

Probably a stomach bug, milk is hard to digest, give him plenty of water, juice, Popsicle...nothing much you can do...boiled rice is very good too, and make him drink the water where you boil the rice, very good for the stomach

Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:35 PM
Bump
jconney80
by Group Mod on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh I've been there! My oldest used to get 105 fever for a week straight. Every time she was sick. Now fevers don't phase me anymore LOL

Quoting larissalarie:

This.

I'd just keep him hydrated and wait it out.
I just spent the afternoon/evening having my child seen for a 105.5 fever against my better judgment (succumbed to hubby's pressure...now I get to say "I told you so" lol) and it was a total waste of time!

Quoting jconney80:

I'd just keep an eye on him. It sounds like it's probably a little bug. I don't think you need to rush off anywhere!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:10 AM
This was the first time I'd seen one that high. I feel so silly because I *know* and preach that the number doesn't matter, fevers aren't scary, but when hubby took the temp and it said that, suddenly I was doubting myself and not completely sure that it was ok anymore like I know it is with 103, 104's....so I caved! Grrrr!
Ah well, now I know better if it ever happens again. Live & learn.

Quoting jconney80:

Oh I've been there! My oldest used to get 105 fever for a week straight. Every time she was sick. Now fevers don't phase me anymore LOL

Quoting larissalarie:

This.

I'd just keep him hydrated and wait it out.
I just spent the afternoon/evening having my child seen for a 105.5 fever against my better judgment (succumbed to hubby's pressure...now I get to say "I told you so" lol) and it was a total waste of time!

Quoting jconney80:

I'd just keep an eye on him. It sounds like it's probably a little bug. I don't think you need to rush off anywhere!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peaches_04
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:57 AM
My babys get sick like that. On a day off a day on a day. Just keep pushing fluids and it will pass
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN