Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Mothers who co-sleep help! **update***

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:16 AM
  • 20 Replies

My ten month old DD is not sleeping! She will fall asleep and then roll over and start baning her head on the wall, kick the wall, crawl around and cry with her eyes closed. If I am lucky she will sleep for two hours but usually its only an hour before we are starting all over again. I am losing my mind. Plus during the day time she gets an hour total nap at the most. I don't know what I am doing wrong! Trying her out in her own bed is not an option at the moment since our crib is in storage (long story) Has anyone else delt with a baby that keeps themselves awake at all costs??? 

The last two nights I have been laying down with her at 7:30. The first night it took an hour and a half to put her to sleep and she only woke up once or twice. The second night she fell asleep within an hour but woke up 3 or 4 times. I will try the essenctial oils that were suggested too. Thank you ladies!

by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Precious333
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Has she always been like this? Could be many things, probably not cosleepinf related.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brvdsmom
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:19 AM

sorry i'm no help, I have a great sleeper

mrs.hartman12
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Its been going on for a while. She is not teething, she is not sick, I am tried giving her solids before bed, I have tried giving her solids a couple hours before bed, she is not nursing everytime she wakes up. I am so lost. 

Quoting Precious333:

Has she always been like this? Could be many things, probably not cosleepinf related.

conejoazul
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Our son (3 in July) has always co-slept, been APed six ways from Sunday, and is certainly high-needs.  Co-sleeping and nighttime closeness can be good things, but they don´t address all needs. Our Ds fights sleep at all costs and has since birth. Finally our provider is starting to take our concerns seriously, but we don´t have a solution yet (only testing dates). If you feel certain it isn´t teething or eating related and continues more than a month, I would make sure to have a diary of the pattern and then begin discussing it with your pedi. Sleep is too crucial to young children for it to be interrupted on a regular basis.  You have probably already done this, but also I would time how her nighttime pee-pees (if any) fit into her pattern of wakefulness.

danichaos
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:30 PM
I'm sure it is just a phase that she's trying to work out. Just be patient with her
amazzonia
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:05 PM

get a pack and play crib and try it there, you should keep an open mind and all the options open when you have kids, the phrase "is not an option" shouldn't exist when talking about babies

IansMommy2012
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:10 PM
My LO is 11 months and doin the same thing. Have you tried rubbing her belly? Could she be to hot? Have you tried feeding her before bed? Is she teething? Have you tried tummy drops ?
I know many questions but I have noticed when Ian gets fussy like this it's usually either his belly hurts or his teeth hurt. Usually some tummy drops and a message or Tylenol or Motrin helps him calm down enough to nurse and go back to sleep.
During the day doesn't sound to bad. The naps are normal but the question is WHAT time of day does she take her naps? Could it be to late I the evening throwing of her sleep schedule?
Good luck and keep us posted :)
Precious333
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Could be a phase...maybe molars coming in or something? Im not sure if it would be that early, but im sure its possible

Quoting mrs.hartman12:

Its been going on for a while. She is not teething, she is not sick, I am tried giving her solids before bed, I have tried giving her solids a couple hours before bed, she is not nursing everytime she wakes up. I am so lost. 

Quoting Precious333:

jconney80
by Group Mod on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:49 PM
1 mom liked this
This is how my two younger kids are. Both of them don't sleep. My son is more severe. We learned it was sensory problems. He has an autism spectrum disorder and my daughter seems to be the same way. It's pretty bad. My son used to fight sleep for hours and hours. He was/ is so high needs and AP parented from the beginning.

Hopefully its nothing extreme and just a phase. If you don't see it get better you might want to check out sensory issues or look into food allergies.

Try some deep pressure massages and look up what brushing is on Youtube. You can brush them and do joint compressions to release oxytocin before bed and see if that helps. Also give lots of chances to get exercise. Hope you get some sleep soon. Sleep problems really stink!

Quoting conejoazul:

Our son (3 in July) has always co-slept, been APed six ways from Sunday, and is certainly high-needs.  Co-sleeping and nighttime closeness can be good things, but they don´t address all needs. Our Ds fights sleep at all costs and has since birth. Finally our provider is starting to take our concerns seriously, but we don´t have a solution yet (only testing dates). If you feel certain it isn´t teething or eating related and continues more than a month, I would make sure to have a diary of the pattern and then begin discussing it with your pedi. Sleep is too crucial to young children for it to be interrupted on a regular basis.  You have probably already done this, but also I would time how her nighttime pee-pees (if any) fit into her pattern of wakefulness.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Salz
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:31 AM

I would try homeopathic chamomilla.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN