Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Baby wearing?

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:37 PM
  • 32 Replies

Do you? I want to buy my first SSC (soft structured carrier) but I am not sure which to get....I am on a facebok baby wearing page but I am still kind of lost...

What do you use? what works best for little to toddler ranged? I kind of have it narrowed to the Ergo, the Beco (butterfly and butterfly 2), and the Boba.

I have no idea which will work best....

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Girls125x125

by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
justone_jen
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:43 PM
Tiny, I like the Moby, but don't buy one, they're cheap to make.

Then the ring sling. You can make those too.

I've never tried the three you've narrowed it to, but have heard great things about all three.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MissMia22
by Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:46 PM

I just sold my Maya Ring sling...I really want a soft structure though, something that distributes hte weight more evenly.. and by little I meant 5 months lol

LaideBug
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this

We love our Ergo. My 7 month old practically lives in it. Even my almost 3 year-old (turns 3 on the 28th) nephew likes me to pack him around when he is over.
Lynette
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Love my Moby. I like my Ergo for back wearing but it hurts my back if I baby wear on my front. Ring sling hurts for long wear for me, but it was nice with a toddler for the ease of in and out...toddlers want to walk, then be held again, walk again etc, that made the sling perfect.
907PickleMom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:33 PM
In love the butterfly 2! It is so easy to do a back carry and is still comfortable with dd 19 mos 24 lbs .If your Facebook group has meetings,!i would go and try a bunch of stuff on. What works for one may not work for you. Good luck!
conejoazul
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Our family baby wears all the time, but I don´t like any of the SSCs that I have tried. One the adjustment straps and the padding bulk (for me) are annoying and in the end my son never liked the angles at which they tilted him. I just ended up using a rebozo (basically just a long scarf of any woven material 22" to 30" wide) and learned how to tie various knots depending on where I want to wear my baby (hip, front, back).  For really long walks, I had great success using the 6 yard/meter wraps, because you can do great ties that give full coverage back support, including good neck support to baby.

There are a lot of videos on YouTube that give instructions on how to tie all the different styles. Since you mention "toddler" you are already outside of the weight range to use moby or moby-like wraps.

danichaos
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:31 PM
Were a bobs family for ssc. I haven't tried any of the others though
MissMia22
by Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Well occasionally my 4 year old likes to be work and he is about 42 pounds.  I had been borrowing my friends BB2 but she is ready for it back now (she had her shoulder ink touched p and was letting it heal lol) so I need to find one soon :)

jaylyndenae
by Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:36 PM

I have an  Ergo. Prob. my fav thing I have for baby gear. I wear my 8 month old around all the time, no back pain whatsoever. And sometimes use it for my 2 yr old like a backpack.

MissSarah04
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I dream of a Boba 3G but I got a Beco Butterfly II used for a great price and I ADORE it. I also have 2 ring slings, gauze wrap, woven wrap, mesh wrap, podaegi...um I think that's all. Lol.

Oh wait. I forgot I bought a boba air recently but haven't used it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN