Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Unpaper towels... Am I missing something here?

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:11 AM
  • 26 Replies
1 mom liked this
Lately I have been seeing a lot of "unpaper" towels for sale. For like $30-$60 for a pack of 6. Am I missing something or are these basically a towel with snaps on the end? It seems like a lot of extra hassle to snap and unsnap the towels when I could just grab one from my towel drawer...

I am totally on board with WAHMs and think that the unpaper towel fabrics are usually adorable- I just can't wrap my head around this product... How about you? Have you seen these/do you own any?
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rjmac88
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:28 AM
It a cuteness factor. That's all! I do agree though! We've always just had a drawer stuffed full of towels. We haven't bought paper towels in like 5 years and still don't use "unpaper towels"
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:29 AM
I'm going to make my own, eventually.

Usually WAHMs make them from materials that are softer and more absorbant than regular towels, which those materials are more expensive but I feel like I can do just as well myself. I see a bunch of cute flannels on clearance, then I would just need like a bamboo velour or bamboo fleece.
tansyflower
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:33 AM
3 moms liked this

lol i just use old prefolds.  super absorbant and they work great at cleaning up just about any mess!!!

rjmac88
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:41 AM
I make all mine out of terry and cotton. That's all I've ever seen them made out of on wahm sites
nikzup03
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:48 AM
2 moms liked this

"un paper towls" .... LOL fancy word for rags? in reality, it's a marketing ploy, just like 'green' products. they are cute and it is a nice idea, but do people really spend the time snapping them back together?

CafeMom Tickers
MissSarah04
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Yeah I have been dying for some to have something cute to put on the built-in paper towel rack in our kitchen. However, I can't justify spending that much for just pretty towels. All our cleaning is done with washrags I got at Walmart in a pack of 18 for a couple bucks. At least they are fun colors like pink and turquoise and yellow. Lol.
conejoazul
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Any mom who has time to re-snap her unpaper towels after laundry is sure a lot more successful than me with time-management! I´m lucky just to get them sorted out of the clean pile and into the kitchen before the next spill, lol.  

I´ve made a lot of our "cloth" alternatives, but lucked-out on a clearance bin of microfiber kitchen towels ( our colors on one side, white on the other) last summer. They have been a great option for us although probably lack the "cute" factor of the products you are seeing advertised. $1 a piece and I bought a dozen.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Mar. 18, 2013 at 5:01 PM

I think its a fancy marketing ploy lol

Brandy85412
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:25 PM

ya I wouldn't spend the money for cuteness. I really love Norwex towels. and I just use pre folds or wash cloths. No paper towles here.

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:32 PM
They seem like a waste of time and money. They do look nice though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)