Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hygeia Pump?

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 8:01 PM
  • 7 Replies

Before I ask my question, I just wanted to offer a heartfelt thank you to this entire group.  I'm expecting my first baby in June, so I really do have a lot to learn.  I've been through so many changes over the past few years and finding the natural side of life has made an impact that I just cannot put into words.  I don't post a lot here and I don't even respond a lot to the posts on here, but I DO READ almost all of them...:)  I have gained so much insight and learned so much information that I didn't even know I was missing.  I come from a family of opposite extremes and I have a lot of tongue biting to do in the very near future.  It's AMAZING to know that there is a group of women out there to read my questions, offer advice, and to not judge...the not judging being the most amazing part!!  So THANK YOU...many of you have contributed to a more positive pregnancy and have probably never even seen my profile name...:)

Okay, onto the question!!  I recently attended a local birth fair and met a woman that has started selling teh Hygeia Breast Pump locally.  She started using it and believed so much in it that she made the jump to be the local rep.  I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with this pump?  I plan on ebfing as long as possible, but I also provide our primary income so I will have to go back to work at some point.  Someone at work is giving me a Medela (spelling?) pump and told me that I can just buy the replacement parts, but even that makes me a little nervous.  

www.hygeiababy.com

Would love some thought and feedback on this!

by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Personally I have not heard of hygeiababy but did check out the website that you show.  They seem like they are very nice and I like how la leche works together with them.  I did get a Medela from a stranger and buy replacement parts.  I'm so glad I did and it has worked wonderfully for me.  But if your not comfortable in doing that maybe hygeiababy would be a better option for you.  The medela brand is fantastic, hopefully other woman have experience with other brands to offer their advice as well.  Congrats on the baby coming soon!!

Aleewink
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this

This is great feedback - thank you!

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Check your ins company sometimes they give pumps for free.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Salz
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:56 PM

I haven't used the hygeia but just wanted to mention that it's not recommended to re-use a breast pump for sanitary reasons - here a link and you can find more info on google if you want to research it.

http://www.llli.org/llleaderweb/lv/lvjunjul04p54.html

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:10 PM
Hygeia pumps are a GREAT pump, it even has a 3 year warranty. Hygeia can even be used by multiple people safely! BTW this is one of the top pumps recommended by the breastfeeding group here on cafemom

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Just remember this depends on the pump..medela yeah you cant reuse but hygeia can be

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

I haven't used the hygeia but just wanted to mention that it's not recommended to re-use a breast pump for sanitary reasons - here a link and you can find more info on google if you want to research it.

http://www.llli.org/llleaderweb/lv/lvjunjul04p54.html

catholicmamamia
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Hygeia is top of the line.. it is most recommended by me and my peers (IBCLCs)! 

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)