Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Easter

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:49 AM
  • 22 Replies

Are you doing anything "natural" for Easter? Menu, Easter basket ideas, crafts, etc.?

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
larissalarie
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:41 AM
When is Easter again? Lol.

Since we're agnostic and/or not currently active Christians, it would be extremely hypocritical for us to celebrate Easter, so we don't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Church, maybe an egg hunt at my friends house, maybe not. We haven't done baskets yet, I'm sure we will because I like the chocolate! ;) We don't do the whole "easter bunny" thing. We'll probably do some sort of craft for it too. We haven't made plans. We did get the girls Easter dresses though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:00 PM

We are dying our eggs naturally. 

Mrs.Salz
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:02 PM

What will you be using? I think DS is old enough to have fun doing that this year.

Quoting JoJoBean8:

rachelrothchild
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Oh, sure.  We got some organic jelly beans and gummy things for Adam.  I don't have my menu planned yet.  We have to get through baptism first.

I don't do Easter baskets because we aren't going to celebrate the Easter bunny.  He has nothing to do with why we celebrate it.  I'm not sure if Adam is old enough for crafts.  He just started not eating the crayons and putting other stuff in his mouth.

Mrs.Salz
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:13 PM

It's early this year, I think March 31 or somewhere around there.

Quoting larissalarie:

Since we're agnostic and/or not currently active Christians, it would be extremely hypocritical for us to celebrate Easter, so we don't.

Mrs.Salz
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:13 PM

We aren't doing baskets either. MIL will probably make one for the boys and wants to do an egg hunt at her house though.

Quoting rachelrothchild:

Oh, sure.  We got some organic jelly beans and gummy things for Adam.  I don't have my menu planned yet.  We have to get through baptism first.

I don't do Easter baskets because we aren't going to celebrate the Easter bunny.  He has nothing to do with why we celebrate it.  I'm not sure if Adam is old enough for crafts.  He just started not eating the crayons and putting other stuff in his mouth.

larissalarie
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Oh wow, that is early! I forget that sometimes it's not in April.
I hope your family has a fun celebration.

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

It's early this year, I think March 31 or somewhere around there.

Quoting larissalarie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JMmama
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:34 PM
We are moving from Las Vegas to Nebraska on Saturday so we won't do much. Church for sure and then I think the extended family is making plans. I am trying to steer away from baskets but my MIL always sends a bunch of stuff so I will probably just put out what she sends. IDK. I am just trying to get through the move.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:43 PM

You use food. I grab the link for you.

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

What will you be using? I think DS is old enough to have fun doing that this year.

Quoting JoJoBean8:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)