Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

diagnose her ot

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:31 PM
  • 6 Replies
mika is 4.5 I'm not sure if it's growth spurt or something else

she has had a few medical issues that we are finally able to start figuring out now that chip came in

the last few weeks she has been constantly hungry
she was this way as an infant... she would eat till she got sick if u didn't take the food away

she mostly eats well during the day
she could eat cereal all day... she likes the generic frosted mini wheat stuff and could eat an entire bag for breakfast

I give her fruit if she asks for more than a bowl or two

she is always asking for snacks... I'll offer her healthy options which she tends to turn down most of the time
we don't keep a lot of junk in the house

she usually eats a good dinner but always complains of starving after....I don't know if she is really hungry or if she is mistaken it for something else

I feel bad telling her no if she is genuinely hungry but it just seems like she is constantly hungry

she also pees all. the. time and still has small accidents in her pants

she keeps a water bottle by her bed and drinks from it periodically

she wakes up 2-3 times a night just crying and not able to really communicate

does this seem normal for a 4.5 yr old??

I'm going to make her an appt but first I have to switch her doc cause the one we asked for doesn't accept chip(even though her name was on the list)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Brandy85412
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:55 PM

mmm it got me at pees alot and waking up at night...  That sounds like my almost 3 year old.... My almost 5 year old is always hungery too. She doesn't pee very much though and hardly ever wakes up at night. Hope you can figure it out.

907PickleMom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:55 PM
The night issues might be might terrors. I would have her blood sugar checked to rule out diabetes. There is a rare disorder called Prader Willi syndrome in which the brain lacks the ability to tell the stomach it is full. Also maybe try eliminating some allergenic foods like wheat & dairy and see if that changes anything. Good luck!
lifeforchrist
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:02 PM

my dd gets this way when she eats wheat. As a baby she'd ALWAYS be hungry until I cut wheat, then she started craving normal food and staying satisfied and not continuously asking for food. The peeing gets me though. She may have a small bladder but that may need to be checked out. Also when my dd eats wheat she cant sleep. Wakes endlessly. Once i cut gluten/wheat she slept amazingly.

comptonkids
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:12 PM
I'll have to cut out gluten, see if that helps
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:38 PM

My 5 yr old eats all the time. If she isn't eating she is in the bathroom. It's her norm she has always been this way.

catholicmamamia
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:46 AM

Diet may be the culprit. 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)