Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting
So i had an appointment with my Midwife today. I am 30 weeks and 3 days along. I'm measuring Fundally at 27.5 and not 30. Which on the "curve" they have is on the low end of "ok" she said that it's not too much of an issue right now unless i keep falling off the curve. She kept asking if I'm eating enough protein during the day. I think i am.. but I'm wondering if I'm actually not eating enough? I eat meat and consume dairy products daily.. but I'm always hungry. What other ways can i add protein? also.. it took both my midwife and her practicum student midwife over 10 minutes to find the baby's heartbeat, when they did find it, it was in the normal range (150 bpm) although it did scare me that they couldn't find it.. even though i knew baby was alive because it was kicking me. baby is bum down and has been for the last month (that i know of) This isn't a bad thing really right now since baby still has time to turn.. but I'm really uncomfortable... any ideas on how to get baby to turn, or at least get baby in a different position then it's HEAD under my ribs?

Candice - Mom to  Miss K, Miss E and Little Mr. M! We are Canadian!

Working on baby #4!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Replies (21-21):
MyIslandGirls
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:22 PM
She's a CNM. SHe did tell me about positioning techniques, pelvic tilts, hand stands and such.. things that are mentioned on the spinningbabies website.. as well as Webster chiro techniques. So it's not like she isn't informed. Our conversation was mostly for if baby was still breech when i went into labour because i wanted to know my options. She isn't worried and thinks baby will turn long before i have to worry about it. I'm extremely uncomfortable right now... i think i need to do some stretching to work out the tight muscles in my back and hips. So I'll do some tilts and such tonight to just flex the muscles. spinning babies says it's safe to do them at this point in my pregnancy. None of my other babies were breech at this point in my pregnancies... they were always head down at this point. I was reading about what can cause a baby to be breech on the spinning babies website... nutrition and muscle tension are high indicators of breech presentations. So i need to work out the tightness in my hips and back.
Quoting GoodyBrook:

Your midwife (is she a CNM or a CPM?) should be aware of more natural options for turning babies...  Here, check out this article from Midwifery Today posted over in the VBAC Moms group:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/1540/forums/read/18245109/Using_Homeopathy_to_Turn_Babies

Quoting MyIslandGirls:

I have a feeling it might be a while until this baby turns, if at all.

My midwife and i discussed what would happen if baby was still breech at time of delivery.  She said that i had options.

1) If they find baby is head down and it's close enough to my due date, they can induce me (no thank you)

2) C section  (Double no thank you!!)

3) Deliver Breech because i have a "Proven Pelvis" (I've had 3 kids vaginally now) She wouldn't be delivering though, an ob would (not what i want at all) i have absolutely no trust in any OB any more.  Out of my options, this one is obviously the one I'd chose, even though i don't like it either.  I'd much rather baby turn.

If baby is still Breech at my next appointment (2 weeks from now, so I'll be 32 weeks) I'll start doing Pelvic tilts and such to try and convince baby to turn. My midwife said she wouldn't worry until i was about 35-36 weeks along. I'm not sure she would do a version on me either as i am soo tiny that there isn't much room to externally rotate baby.

We'll see how it goes. I might book a massage with my friend and see if that relaxes me enough for baby to turn. I've been stressed out lately... to much going on in my life and i don't sleep well either.

Candice - Mom to  Miss K, Miss E and Little Mr. M! We are Canadian!

Working on baby #4!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)