Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Natural cure for scabies? Sinus infections?

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:36 AM
  • 22 Replies
I'm struggling with the fact that my child potentially has scabies. I know the doctor is going to prescribe a medicinal cream and I'm hesitant to use that if there is something natural I can use. We both are suffering from sinus infections as well and need some relief! Any advice?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peaches_04
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:30 AM

where di u live is it still below freezing out?

peaches_04
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:31 AM

i dont know if theres a natural way to kill the bugs actually still in your skin but i know the ones living in bedding ect if you bag everything up and throw them out in the cold it will kill them

AmberRose1122
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Indiana. The temp fluctuates daily. Today it's 28.

Quoting peaches_04:

where di u live is it still below freezing out?

secondboy2012
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:34 AM
I would try thieves oil. I'd have to do a little research, but I think that would definitely help. Sinuses I would use a netti pot and diffuse thieves.
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:13 AM

bump

greentealover18
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:33 AM
yucky, I had scabies when I was younger. it suckss & I felt so gross!! I just used the cream the dr prescribed. good luck & here's a bump
AmberRose1122
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:51 AM
We don't know for sure yet that he has it, I'm really hoping its something else...but it looks just like it. I haven't told him what I think it might be because he will be so grossed out.

Quoting greentealover18:

yucky, I had scabies when I was younger. it suckss & I felt so gross!! I just used the cream the dr prescribed. good luck & here's a bump

AmberRose1122
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:52 AM
What do you use to diffuse?

Quoting secondboy2012:

I would try thieves oil. I'd have to do a little research, but I think that would definitely help. Sinuses I would use a netti pot and diffuse thieves.

secondboy2012
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:29 PM
You can steam on the stove, but a diffuser works great. I got two from Amazon. I would recommend getting one since they don't use heat. Heat alters the chemistry of the oil.
AmberRose1122
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Thanks so much! I've heard that using thieves can create a calming environment as well. I will be using this.

Quoting secondboy2012:

You can steam on the stove, but a diffuser works great. I got two from Amazon. I would recommend getting one since they don't use heat. Heat alters the chemistry of the oil.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)