Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i wonder if my boobs know when im sleeping

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:06 AM
  • 10 Replies

i work overnight and when im at work and awake(obviously) i can pump out waay more milke then if im off and sleeping and wake up in the middle of the night to pump

i wonder if my body knows im sleeping so it makes less milk or soemthing like that

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
themissheather
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:09 AM
It may be possible. I'm not sure, but it's great food for thought. And I love your title, lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
peaches_04
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting themissheather:

It may be possible. I'm not sure, but it's great food for thought. And I love your title, lol.

lol it reminds me of mean girls when the blonde chick goes i have a 5th sense my breast can tell when its raining

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Your boobs have esp! lol

MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Yes, if you work the same pattern over and over again your breasts will get used to that pattern.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this
That's what I was thinking. If you always have Tuesday off and sleep at night, they get used to it. The same way a Mom could use formula during work hours all week and breastfeed during the day in her weekends and her breasts would regulate supply to that pattern.

Quoting MaryJarrett:

Yes, if you work the same pattern over and over again your breasts will get used to that pattern.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Is your schedule the same every week, if so I think your boobs know.

hapababies
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:56 PM
I wonder if it has anything to do with the amount of movement you do awake vs sleep. When you are awake your metabolism is different to keep up with your energy needs to stay awake, therefore your boobs are getting more energy to produce.
I don't really know. Your post just made me try to think why you would get more output on night shift.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:02 PM
That's an interesting question lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:02 PM
That's what I was thinking

Quoting larissalarie:

That's what I was thinking. If you always have Tuesday off and sleep at night, they get used to it. The same way a Mom could use formula during work hours all week and breastfeed during the day in her weekends and her breasts would regulate supply to that pattern.

Quoting MaryJarrett:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:16 PM

Not the sleeping, but the pattern. Long explanation short.. an emptier breast makes more milk, a fuller breast makes less milk. Info on milk synthesis HERE ..  :o)

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)