Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Protein powder advice

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:48 AM
  • 6 Replies

Have anyone used a protein powder during pregnancy that they would recommend? There are so many brands available and I'm not sure where to start! Thanks!

by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
larissalarie
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:02 AM
I haven't. When it comes to protein powders, it seems there aren't any really good options :(
The two main ones they sell: whey & soy are both crappy things I avoid and/or certainly don't want to be supplementing my body with extra!!
If I felt I needed more protein, I'd just incorporate more real whole foods that contain protein.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:52 AM

I have never used protein powder. Here's a bump

tansyflower
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:02 AM

standard process has a non denatured whey protein isolate that is a good product....BUT my naturopath says there is really no reason to supplement your protein intake if you are eating healthy amounts of grassfed beef, pasture raised chicken and pork,  wild caught deep ocean fish (they have lower amounts of mercury), farm fresh eggs and if you have access to raw milk then you can also get a ton of protein from raw dairy products.

why do you want a prtein shake anyway?  most of them are FULL of sugar and chemicals and the type of protein they use has been extracted in such a way that it has become a waste product that doesnt absorb in your body anyway.  and thats not even mentioning that most soy products especially are incredibly bad for you since they are almost ALWAYS made with gmo soy and can make you estrogen dominant.

just my two cents.  i used to drink them a lot and once i realized how bad they were i just stopped.

ballerina.2006
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Nutrilite is the only brand I use. I've used their actual protein powder and the recovery one (whey powder/sports). It's the only one I've ever tasted that wasn't nasty or turn my stomach.

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:38 PM

bump

catholicmamamia
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:25 PM

I have not.. sorry. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)