Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

:p mil vent

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:32 AM
  • 20 Replies
My inlaws came over yesterday. Of coursevthe first thing she asks is if i had my prenatal yet. I am 18 weeks, my sil has two and due in sept and i have had only one, due in august, but thats because im still searching for a midwife. Ith the past two births we have had homebirths. I bever discussed the births other than to say that 'our.midwife......" well i told her i had three interviews and the last midwide told me not to worry, it would be fine to wait a few more weeks, and im obviously takinf care of myself, baby is kicking and moving, i never had complications with the other three pregnancies, so dont rush to decide. My mil said "well, i guess you wont be going with her!" I said, i dont know yet, and she helped take the pressure off rushing into a decision.

Then i told them that i basically got promoted to being the directer for the kid's campus. She pretty much ignored me and asked what grade damien (my oldest) is in, and where he was at academically etc. We are homeschooling and she is very opposed. I told her because i knew that i would possibly be needing her to babysit while i went to training. she doesnt have to agree with everything we do, but she doesnt need to drill me either, and just the tone! Grrrrr
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Mils

banging head into wall

Mrs.Salz
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:48 PM

:(

conejoazul
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:26 PM

I sometimes think why can´t the MIL look at a DIL who is doing so many things RIGHT, and just think to herself - "Damn, my son is a lucky man." ?  Sorry to hear she is overlooking the maturity and wisdom you bring into your own family. Some women just can´t bring themselves to recognize that in another.

natural_s
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:25 PM

I don't know what is with this mother in law thing, so many females have problems with push overly opinionated mother in laws. My mother in law went far while visiting us a couple of years ago and I had to tell  her exactly how I felt, I had just had a baby a few days ago too.

We okay now because she just knows that she can not come into our place and disrespect me, I will not stand for it. Surprisingly my husband was proud of me ( he was not home at the time for the big blow up) because I did not need him to handle the situation and I did it in a respectful way.

I feel for you.

Precious333
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 4:51 PM
Thank you! That is one of the sweetest things i ever heard!

Quoting conejoazul:

I sometimes think why can´t the MIL look at a DIL who is doing so many things RIGHT, and just think to herself - "Damn, my son is a lucky man." ?  Sorry to hear she is overlooking the maturity and wisdom you bring into your own family. Some women just can´t bring themselves to recognize that in another.

Precious333
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 4:53 PM
Glad you stood up for yourself! My dh tends to agree more wth his mom, so thats what makes it even more difficult, and if he doesnr he just tolerates them and says "well, thats just how they are".

Quoting natural_s:

I don't know what is with this mother in law thing, so many females have problems with push overly opinionated mother in laws. My mother in law went far while visiting us a couple of years ago and I had to tell  her exactly how I felt, I had just had a baby a few days ago too.

We okay now because she just knows that she can not come into our place and disrespect me, I will not stand for it. Surprisingly my husband was proud of me ( he was not home at the time for the big blow up) because I did not need him to handle the situation and I did it in a respectful way.

I feel for you.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Mar. 24, 2013 at 6:44 PM
1 mom liked this
MILs can be a pain in the butt...sorry yours is stressing you. THANKFULLY the one MIL that even contacts me is awesome and is even flying in from Texas to be here when our baby is born if she can make it in time lol
tansyflower
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Ehhh. Mine is a drunk who physically attacked me 18 days after i gave birth to my first child. Guess who gets to spend 20 hours in the car with a 2 yr old and a 10 month old and then 5 full days cooped up with the old bat this week? Yeah fml.

Snippy comments and a shitty tone i can handle....but if she touches me (or god forbid my kids) i am going to punch her right in the throat without a second thought.
maddiesmommy5
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Quoting tansyflower:

Ehhh. Mine is a drunk who physically attacked me 18 days after i gave birth to my first child. Guess who gets to spend 20 hours in the car with a 2 yr old and a 10 month old and then 5 full days cooped up with the old bat this week? Yeah fml.

Snippy comments and a shitty tone i can handle....but if she touches me (or god forbid my kids) i am going to punch her right in the throat without a second thought.

you are a far better woman than I for not cutting her out of your life after that! 

tansyflower
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this

i have been talking to my therapist about it and i have been tryig to ground myself, but i wont lie.  she really freaks me out and triggers my ptsd so i will be bringing medication.

plus my husband is well aware.  i made it VERY clear to him after she hit me that it was on him to keep her away from me and in line and that i would not be held responsible for my actions if she ever touched me again.  i am not going to alienate him from his parents, but i also wont be abused PERIOD.

Quoting maddiesmommy5:

Quoting tansyflower:

you are a far better woman than I for not cutting her out of your life after that! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN