Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

baby wearing questions

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:10 PM
  • 21 Replies

Where do you get your carriers and what is your favorite? I had a moby wrap with my youngest and I loved it but it got warm during the summer. This time around I'm due in July so I was thinking ring sling, but I don't know the best place to buy one at. I want a carrier that is mostly fabric so the weight is distributed evenly and it doesn't hurt my back, so I'm iffy about an Ergo or something like that. I baby wear for several hours a day every day. Suggestions/opinions/thoughts? 

Lilypie Maternity tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Ring slings are awesome for nbs, by they are painful on the shoulder after a long period of time. I have a woven wrap, a mei tie, and an ssc (Beco butterfly II), and inlove them all for different stages, and they are all comfy on the back. My fav for front carry is the mei tie because I've found it to be most comfortable. I got mine on clearance at frogmama.com. They also sell used. You can also check used shops and CL.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaideBug
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:18 PM
My baby was an August baby last year and for the first 4 months she lived in my ring sling. It was light and she snuggled right in. I felt like she got too wiggly around 4-5 months I wanted something more secure and now we use our Ergo daily. I got my ring sling on Etsy and my Ergo directly from Ergo. I would have to look up emails to find what I paid.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:58 PM

I think Ring Slings are the most versitile.  My 9 week old uses it, as does my 23 month old.  It's nice not to need a different one for every different size child.

I made my own ring sling.  Super simple if you can sew a straight ling!  :)  Now I just have to make a quick-dry one for the water!

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:48 PM

I like my mei tai and my boba.

LiquidLuck
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 6:06 PM

My husband sews. He was wondering where he'd get the ring you use for a ring sling?

Quoting GoodyBrook:

I think Ring Slings are the most versitile.  My 9 week old uses it, as does my 23 month old.  It's nice not to need a different one for every different size child.

I made my own ring sling.  Super simple if you can sew a straight ling!  :)  Now I just have to make a quick-dry one for the water!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
LiquidLuck
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Oo if I have that problem I can probably switch to my Moby at 4-5 months, since it'll be middle of winter. I've heard of Etsy, I'll go check it out!

Quoting LaideBug:

My baby was an August baby last year and for the first 4 months she lived in my ring sling. It was light and she snuggled right in. I felt like she got too wiggly around 4-5 months I wanted something more secure and now we use our Ergo daily. I got my ring sling on Etsy and my Ergo directly from Ergo. I would have to look up emails to find what I paid.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 6:19 PM

I got my rings from Lowe's big box hardware store.  I just went in and described what I was looking for and they had them!  Alternately you could purchase some purpose-built rings at http://www.slingrings.com/

I can't remember the price, but for the pair I wouldn't have paid less than $5...

Quoting LiquidLuck:

My husband sews. He was wondering where he'd get the ring you use for a ring sling?

Quoting GoodyBrook:

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Mar. 24, 2013 at 6:41 PM

I love 2 kinds of ring slings..sleeping baby productions and shiny star designs..I own one of each. I personally know the mom who makes shiny star designs and they are amazing!

Ergos and the like should not hurt your back because of how the weight is distributed evenly...I own an ergo and a Boba..both are nice.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Mar. 24, 2013 at 6:47 PM

Be very very careful that the rings are SOLID..the ones from sling rings are reliable but I would be leary of lowes ones

Quoting GoodyBrook:

I got my rings from Lowe's big box hardware store.  I just went in and described what I was looking for and they had them!  Alternately you could purchase some purpose-built rings at http://www.slingrings.com/

I can't remember the price, but for the pair I wouldn't have paid less than $5...

Quoting LiquidLuck:

Quoting GoodyBrook:

catholicmamamia
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Mostly online, direct from retailers. Some of my favorites.. moby wrap, sleepywrap, maya ring sling, zolowear ring sling, babyhawk mei tai, peanutshell fleece pouch sling, ergo. 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)