Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

The Borax Conspiracy *update*

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:47 PM
  • 12 Replies

http://www.health-science-spirit.com/borax.htm

This is really interesting. Anyone else heard of this??

So after reading more and looking at the science and toxcity charts on borax its easy to see that table salt is actually more dangerous. SO I have actually started supplementing with it in water as the link talks about. And have felt so great! I was suffering from problems with the enamel coming off my teeth and its completely healed since starting this!

by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GoodyBrook
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:51 PM

I used borax to bring the pH of my lady parts back into the normal range when I was pregnant.  One capsule and it was back to normal.  Never another OTC for me!

lifeforchrist
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:54 PM

where did you buy it?? just any old borax?

Quoting GoodyBrook:

I used borax to bring the pH of my lady parts back into the normal range when I was pregnant.  One capsule and it was back to normal.  Never another OTC for me!

907PickleMom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Very interesting!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GoodyBrook
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Quoting lifeforchrist:

where did you buy it?? just any old borax?

Quoting GoodyBrook:

Midwife gave me capsules that she filled herself. I'm not sure where she purchased the Borax.

She did say that she'd never heard of the capsules burning anyone, but just to be aware that it's not beyond the realm of possibility.

Oh, and just to be clear, the capsules are to be used vaginally.

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Bump to read later
catholicmamamia
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:47 PM

TFS.. :o)

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

sj3starz
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Yeah it still scares me. Maybe I'll reconsider in the future but the things I have seen it used for, have alternatives that I know are safe currently. I don't make my own dishwasher detergent or laundry detergent yet though so maybe one day.

jconney80
by Group Mod on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:48 AM
I've never heard of this. I use it in my laundry soap that I make but it's a very small amount diluted in 10 gallons of water.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bloomsr
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Interesting. Like so many "natural and safe" options there are arguments on both sides of the fence. I have gone back and forth on the Borax issue. I have concluded that, for my family, I will make our detergents with borax. I feel like it is naturally derived and I am comfortable making a product that I know all ingredients in vs. a store bought alternative "free and clear" product w mystery ingredients.

I still treat my homemade detergents as toxic (although they are not really, IMO) and keep them well out of reach of my children.
TotallyConfused
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:11 PM
This!

I use borax in my laundry soap but not in my dishwasher detergent anymore. After struggling with my dishwasher for years & reading tons on the subject including a well written article explaining the hows & whys of each common ingredient I decided against continuing to use it. Switched to a recipe that is very simple & happens to work really well in my machine....

Quoting bloomsr:

Interesting. Like so many "natural and safe" options there are arguments on both sides of the fence. I have gone back and forth on the Borax issue. I have concluded that, for my family, I will make our detergents with borax. I feel like it is naturally derived and I am comfortable making a product that I know all ingredients in vs. a store bought alternative "free and clear" product w mystery ingredients.

I still treat my homemade detergents as toxic (although they are not really, IMO) and keep them well out of reach of my children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN