Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Another inside day...

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:32 AM
  • 27 Replies
It's snowing, again. Ugh!!!!
My 3 year old has a stomach virus and my 20 month old detests snow. He will flip out if he touches it, he hates it so much.
What kind of fun inside activities do you like to do with you LO's?
Right now my 20 month old is coloring and my 3 year old is playing with his Tag pen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
larissalarie
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Lol, my 2 year old freaks out saying "mess, mess!" If he gets snow on him :P

My boys love to do scavenger hunts and this thing where I hide 5 clues leading to eachother and the 5th clue leads to whatever thing I'm hiding from them that day.
We also make books about various topics they pick. To do it just search images on Google, print off 5-10, and then cut & glue into folded paper (aka the book). That's all the stuff they really help with, then I do a Google search about the topic to find facts/info about whatever it is and then I write a sentence or two on each page. After that they think it's like the best book ever and want to read it tons.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maddiesmommy5
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this

painting! or for a mess free version put different colors of paint in a ziploc bag and let them squish and mix the colors while in the bag.

hapababies
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:37 PM
My 20 month old hates wearing mittens and will tear them off. I decided to stop fighting him and learn the natural consequence of taking them off. He fell in the snow and got his hands all snowy. He flipped out, screaming "cold, cold!". Now he won't even get near snow of he can help it.

My boys love hide and go seek. There is nothing more funnier that 2 toddlers playing a game that they don't grasp the concept of. Half the time they are standing behind me giggling, the other half of the time they hide in the same place and come out when I get near.

Quoting larissalarie:

Lol, my 2 year old freaks out saying "mess, mess!" If he gets snow on him :P

My boys love to do scavenger hunts and this thing where I hide 5 clues leading to eachother and the 5th clue leads to whatever thing I'm hiding from them that day.
We also make books about various topics they pick. To do it just search images on Google, print off 5-10, and then cut & glue into folded paper (aka the book). That's all the stuff they really help with, then I do a Google search about the topic to find facts/info about whatever it is and then I write a sentence or two on each page. After that they think it's like the best book ever and want to read it tons.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hapababies
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Ooh, that's a good idea! Thanks :)

Quoting maddiesmommy5:

painting! or for a mess free version put different colors of paint in a ziploc bag and let them squish and mix the colors while in the bag.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TotallyConfused
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:47 PM
The toddler's busy book by trish kuffner has awesome ideas...

Our favorite last year was a plastic tub filled about halfway with dried beans. Give them assorted toys, buckets, bowls, shovels & scoops

Molly liked it best if she could sit in the beans lol
You can also use rice but it's much harder to clean up lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:10 PM

I feel your pain. It's Spring break. Both kids are sick. ANd it's snowing and cold. It's been a lovely birthday for me lol!

hapababies
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Awww, Happy Birthday!!! I hope your day gets better and so do your lo's.

Quoting JoJoBean8:

I feel your pain. It's Spring break. Both kids are sick. ANd it's snowing and cold. It's been a lovely birthday for me lol!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hapababies
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:24 PM
I like the bean idea, but I think rice would have to be an outside activity. Lol

Quoting TotallyConfused:

Our favorite last year was a plastic tub filled about halfway with dried beans. Give them assorted toys, buckets, bowls, shovels & scoops

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TotallyConfused
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Yeah, we definitely prefer beans lol and I started laying out a king size flat sheet for the play area, makes clean up a breeze :)

Quoting hapababies:

I like the bean idea, but I think rice would have to be an outside activity. Lol

Quoting TotallyConfused:

SoInLove515
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 4:17 PM
Good idea!

Quoting maddiesmommy5:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)