Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Birth Plan?

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:16 PM
  • 30 Replies
1 mom liked this

Who has made a written out Birth Plan  to give to you Dr, Midwife or Doula? 

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Me.
First time I used the template at pregnancyandbaby.com. Second time I did it free hand.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Me. I have a hand written copy and a typed copy. I plan to make a few more copies for my mom and sister. They will both be at the birth.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hotpink06
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Yay, I'm not the only one that has want's and don't wants to happen.

Brandy85412
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:26 AM
1 mom liked this
a birth plan is good to have I also think it good for just educating your self on the things that go on during and after birth. I never had a written one. I talked to my midwife about what I wanted. A great thing at least with the midwife i had she brought up things for us to talk about what I wanted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hotpink06
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:54 AM
1 mom liked this

All I can say is by making a Birth Plan makes it earier for other to fellow your wishes.

srm8824
by Sam on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Me! Very helpful for everyone involved.

I just googled some examples and then wrote it out. I would add things to it as I remembered or as they would come up in discussion.

CatFishMom
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:08 PM

I did for my first. I never got to it with my second but didnt need it because I was at the hospital for literally fifteen minutes and delivered. :-) I will depend on my husband to be my advocate for number three.

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:11 PM

I knew what a wanted but never wrote one up.

vcory
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:18 PM
2 moms liked this
I have! I help all my doula clients write one out. I have them walk through their birth starting with when to call me, going to the hospital, checking in at the hospital, being hooked up to monitors, what they're plan is during labor, what interventions they do/don't want during labor, what they would like pushing to be like, what they would like delivery to be like, bonding time afterwards and how long they want that to be, baby check-up and what shots, etc they don't want the baby to have, put down if they are to be breastfed only (not bottles, formula, paci) and if they want the baby to room-in. It's important to know your hospitals procedures and your doula should be able to help you out with that. Also know their c-section rate. Research the main interventions, ask your OB how he's comfortable with you pushing (can you push however you want?) and how he wants you to deliver (hands-and-knees, back, etc). Think through every intervention by walking yourself through each stage of labor, including after the birth with the baby. Research delayed cord clamping. You should bring enough copies to give one to your OB before the birth AND during the birth (extra reminder:), one for the nurse and one for your doula, husband and anyone else attending your birth. Hope that all makes sense!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hotpink06
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow, thanks vcory...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)