Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

I scheduled my csection

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 4:10 PM
  • 43 Replies
My drs office won't do another gbs test on me. They are set on relying on antibiotics during delivery. Id like tio know if the gbs has lowered or not before delivery. I want a vbac and as natural as possible. But my fear of losing baby from gbs, cervical rapture and or having another emergency csection. Out weighs anything that could happen to me during csection. I feel his dd Is 1 to 2 weeks off. They will not induce labor.

I pray for my baby boy entering the world safely and healthy.

uterine rupture sorry lack of sleep for my nerves
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Salz
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 4:13 PM
5 moms liked this

I hope you have a great birth. Are you aware that you're more likely to have negative outcome from a second c-section than you would from gbs or rupture?

Mrs.Salz
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 4:13 PM
2 moms liked this

There are also a lot of natural and effective ways to treat gbs.

larissalarie
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 4:30 PM
7 moms liked this
You do realize that a c section poses very real risks to BABY as well?

The risks of a vagina delivery with GBS, even untreated are microscopic, the risks of a c section are real and much greater.
Like we all told you in your other post...you seem to want to believe a c section is safer anyway, so good luck with that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrs.hartman12
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck to you and your baby. I support informed consent. 

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Mar. 28, 2013 at 5:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I hope you get the birth you want, but GBS is NOT that big of a deal honestly.  There are natural ways to treat GBS for sure.  Google and you can tons of info on it!.  Its uterine rupture not cervical thats the risk but honestly the risk of that is very very low unless you are induced.  Why can they not wait til you go into labor to do a csection?

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Mar. 28, 2013 at 6:42 PM
2 moms liked this

 I pray you have a safe and healthy delivery.

jconney80
by Group Mod on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree that GBS is definitely not a big deal at all!! Definitely not a reason for a csection. I understand you're scared but your baby is more at risk being born by a csection than born vaginally regardless of GBS.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Many think a csection is a healthier and safer alternative. It is not. There are serious risks involved
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Yep, my newborn niece just got to spend her first week of life in the hospital being pumped full of IV antibiotics due to the pneumonia she developed from the fluid in her lungs due to being born via c section.
That's pretty common with c section babies, much much, much more common than any issues from vaginal birth with GBS.


Quoting jconney80:

Many think a csection is a healthier and safer alternative. It is not. There are serious risks involved
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:33 PM
5 moms liked this

Fear is NOT the same as informed consent.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)