Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Going out of the country? Piog

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:39 PM
  • 4 Replies

Ok so I have an 8month old daughter, my only child. She's only had one vaccine at 2months, and after doing more research, my husband and I don't think we'll be giving her any more. I'm debating taking her on a trip to the Dominican Republic in Oct of this year (she'll be one in July). Would that be unwise with her being unvaccinated? I'm directing this question to the other moms of unvaccinated kids, and those that have taken their unvaxed kids out the country....

EDIT: just thought of something else! will i even be allowed to take her with out being vaxed? i used to work in a Dr's office, and i remember ppl coming in with forms they needed to prove they had certain vaccinces to leave the country...is it only certain countries? I've only been to Mexico, and i wasnt required to show anything...

by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jconney80
by Group Mod on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:27 PM
I haven't traveled out of the country but my younger two are not vaccinated. My sister travels and lives out of the country. She has had no problems and my niece is not vaccinated. She's 2
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceckyl
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:37 PM
I was in the Dominicanast year with my family. No vaccines and no illness. Only drink bottled water. That's the only concern. They aren't rampant with disease. Even if they were, a vaccine wouldn't help.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
monkeydavis05
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:41 AM

thank you both!

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Mar. 29, 2013 at 3:33 PM
I haven't looked at illness rates there but you should be fine
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)