Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Does being natural come naturally for you?

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:23 PM
  • 34 Replies

It doesnt for me, I think because I was raised using chemicals, canned foods, processed foods, etc etc.  I really have to work at it, research things and change my ways of thinking.  Gradually I have become more natural and more attachment parenting like too.

by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:25 PM
2 moms liked this

OH and my mom jumped at meds, and vaccines...I can remember atleast 50 times on antibiotics from infant to 18 years old..meds were the answer to everything...and I still try to convince my mom the flu vax is stupid lol

907PickleMom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Yes. My mother raised us in cloth diapers, Trader Joe's, Shaklee... I like no chemicals, single ingredient foods, make your own if possible...cloth diapers, mamma cloth, un paper towels..... Good luck on your natural journey!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Yeah it does, for the most part.
When I say that, I mean it's what I've always been drawn too so doing things that way isn't a tough change when I learn a better way. I WAS NOT raised this way at all, so what I'm doing isn't what I've always known by any means.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Sometimes yes and sometimes no. My mom breastfed, and took care of us and herself pretty well (homemade whole foods). She did clean with store bought stuff and never did herbs or eos, but we did have a teeny garden. My dad on the other hand resorted to easy quick meals. When my parents divorced we ate a lot if cup i noodles, taco bell, abd a few meals my dad grew up on that werent the healthiest.
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Yeah once I lear more and differet ways its feels better to me, like my mom didnt BF very long, but BFing just feels "right" to me.  My mom used cloth diapers but only becuase she had to, once sposies were widely around she used those..I like cloth MUCH better.

Quoting larissalarie:

Yeah it does, for the most part.
When I say that, I mean it's what I've always been drawn too so doing things that way isn't a tough change when I learn a better way. I WAS NOT raised this way at all, so what I'm doing isn't what I've always known by any means.

ceckyl
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 2:05 PM
At first no. My mom is like, the opposite of natural in every way possible. The more educated I became the more natural it became. Being mainstream never felt like me though, so I went looking for something else. I feel much more 'at home' being crunchy, if that makes sence.
Brandy85412
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 2:08 PM
for the most part ya. My mom did a lot of natural things when we were young.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xredstarsx
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 2:13 PM
Nope I've had to work on it. And processed foods are still our big vice. I'm hoping to change that but it's hard when one, I was never taught to cook healthy and two, I never have time unless I want my high needs baby to cry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicki.hemingway
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 2:37 PM

It comes easy to me, but I was raised very "modern" and med heavy.  It all just felt wrong growing up, kwim?

907PickleMom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 2:40 PM
Can you wear the baby? There are a lot of easy recepies online or in an all purpose cool book like Betty Crocker. Also picking a day to prep a week's worth of freezer meals may be a good option for you. Good luck!

Quoting xredstarsx:

Nope I've had to work on it. And processed foods are still our big vice. I'm hoping to change that but it's hard when one, I was never taught to cook healthy and two, I never have time unless I want my high needs baby to cry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)