Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Immune system builders. Help!!

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 5:54 PM
  • 20 Replies

I need some suggestions. I have been sick off & on ALL winter. And then 3 weeks ago I caught the worst flu I've had in probably 10 years, then it went to a cold, I was feeling awesome for a week & now I'm dying again with a bad cold. (Was thinking it was allergies with everything melting off & warming up but now I'm not so sure) I swear I catch every little things my kids bring home from school lately. I can't seem to catch a break to get healthy. Soooooo.....what should I be taking? I'm doing the usual Vitamin C & I've been using the Neti pot religiously but what else can I take to get my immune system back up & running?? I prefer to stick with all natural remedies & supplements but I just broke down & took a Claritan, it's not working. :(

by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 5:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Probiotics help alot!

ash522
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Good to know! I guess I have always associated probiotics with stomach/intestinal issues. I have some here, starting them tonight! Thanks~

larissalarie
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Something like 70% of your immune system is in your digestive tract, so anything to make it healthier helps everything :)

You can also take a spoonful of raw, unfiltered honey daily. I like to combine it with cinnamon if I feel like I'm getting a cold.

Also make sure your overall diet is good, lots of fresh fruits & veggies, little processed foods, plenty of water. Exercise daily, even when you feel yucky.
You can't out supplement a poor diet & lack of exercise!

Quoting ash522:

Good to know! I guess I have always associated probiotics with stomach/intestinal issues. I have some here, starting them tonight! Thanks~

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Probiotcs, honey, cinnamon, garlic all help. 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Though I've no personal experience, I understand that certain Essential Oil combinations will help boost your immunity...

Mrs.Salz
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Elderberry tincture. It'll help you get better and we also take it daily as a preventative. My DH used to get sick 1-2 times a month and hasn't gotten sick once since he started taking it 6 months ago.

It's way cheaper to make your own than buy (google for a tutorial, it's really easy).

nicki.hemingway
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Probiotics and Extra Vitamin C, D3, and maybe some Echinacea 

amazzonia
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:25 AM
1 mom liked this

This year has been horrible, I usually never get sick, but this year I had the flu twice! I started drinking every night or almost, echinacea tea with honey in it and lemon, that really works. Than eating a lot of garlic helps too. Get plenty of rest and drink a lot of water and eat healthy vegetables 

ash522
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 2:03 AM

Thanks! I never thought to make my own. Good idea! I kinda forgot all about it to be honest. I used to give it to the kiddos all the time. Wonder why I quit?

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

Elderberry tincture. It'll help you get better and we also take it daily as a preventative. My DH used to get sick 1-2 times a month and hasn't gotten sick once since he started taking it 6 months ago.

It's way cheaper to make your own than buy (google for a tutorial, it's really easy).

ash522
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 2:05 AM

I don't have any D3, I'll have to pick that up- thanks!

Quoting nicki.hemingway:

Probiotics and Extra Vitamin C, D3, and maybe some Echinacea 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)