Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if you didnt find out the gender.....UPDATE

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:07 AM
  • 63 Replies

What were your reason for not finding out?

Today is my.ultrasound. Dh needs to know, i dont. The more i think about it the more i am not ready to know and the more i want to see and hold the baby before knowing what it is.

So, if dh knows, im thinking i may still wait, but everyone is expecting to know! Do i let him tell everyone or family, and keepnis a surprise from me? what about the kids? Or do i just give in and find out (this is our last baby btw and we have three boys).

Any advice will be great! :)

UPDATE on todays appointment!

Well this is what happened. DH had to work anyways, They were going to do an ultrasound and then schedule another one for next wednesday, so I said do we have to do both. She said that I could have both, but the one on wednesday would be better because the technician will be there with a better ultrasound (I guess full atonamy or something). So, I opted out of this one. I was a huge relief actually!

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Precious333
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Btw, he wants.to get prepares for the baby, buy clothes etc. I said he can get them and keep them at his work lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
comptonkids
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I chose not to find out with dd1 for a few reasons
there aren't many surprises these days
my dh was deployed and couldn't be there
and selfishly:I heard if the gender is a surprise, you get more of the stuff you need,vs cute gender specific clothing

we found out with dd2- to see if we needed boy
I didn't want to find out with ds because I knew he was a boy, but I wanted the surprise... but we found out anyway

I might do a surprise again if we have a fourth
hapababies
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this
With my first son, I was so shocked that I got pregnant and I thought this was going to be my only pregnancy. So I wanted that surprise at the end of labor, plus it didn't bother me to not know. I had a boy.
With my second pregnancy, I wanted a girl so badly that I knew I would be a spoiled brat every time I saw cute girl stuff. When the pregnancy turned high risk and scary, I chose not to find out even though I was getting ultrasounds every 3 weeks, then every 2 weeks, and every week. I couldn't handle knowing the baby's gender ahead of time, if something happened to the baby. My baby was born healthy and a boy :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hapababies
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Also, my dh found out both times at the 20 week ultrasound. He knew I would kill him if he spilled the beans.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:20 AM
Thanks! Its nice to hear such positive experiences with.waiting :)
CatFishMom
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:23 AM

My first I just wanted the surprise. My second and this one I gave in because my husband wanted it so badly. If he wants to know, Id say fine but dont tell me and I wouldnt let him tell the rest of the family either. (My godson's parents did this) Someone is guaranteed to slip around you unless you designate a gender (just tell everyone to say he or she regardless) but I'd be too worried about someone screwing up-intentionally or unintentionally.

Precious333
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, it would have to be dh only knowing then!

Quoting CatFishMom:

My first I just wanted the surprise. My second and this one I gave in because my husband wanted it so badly. If he wants to know, Id say fine but dont tell me and I wouldnt let him tell the rest of the family either. (My godson's parents did this) Someone is guaranteed to slip around you unless you designate a gender (just tell everyone to say he or she regardless) but I'd be too worried about someone screwing up-intentionally or unintentionally.

Mrs.Salz
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:02 PM

I don't think it would work for only one spouse to know, especially if your family and friends also know.

larissalarie
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:04 PM
I wouldn't mind waiting, but hubby prefers to find out (as well as the kids). To me it's just not worth the drama and potential discord in the family for me to be stubborn and push my will ahead of what the entire rest of the family wants. My wants about it aren't more important than the wants of 4 other individuals.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:04 PM
I didn't find out because that "it's a girl!" feeling right after giving birth was incredible! Totally euphoric!
Because I didn't want to be gifted a crap ton of fluffy pink or blue stuff.
Because I had fun speculating and guessing and, frankly, driving everyone else crazy.

I planned on finding out the second time, but I just didn't want to! And it was really cool letting my gut feelings and intuition take over.

If I were in your shoes, I would absolutely not let anyone else know. I would just tell everyone neither of you found out to keep it simple.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)