Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

co sleeping question

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:12 AM
  • 5 Replies

i have a 18 month old daughter who i have always co slept with.  i am currently 6 weeks pregnate.  is it possible to co sleep with two babies?  my daughter will be 2 years and 2 months old when her sibbling is born.

my husband thinks that it would not be possible that each time the new baby wakes up our daughter would wake up and i would get no sleep then and it would be hell because then i would have two crying babies to deal with.

i do not plan on cosleeping with my daughter forever its just my plan was to move her out of the bed no earlier than 3 years of age it seems unfair to kick her out just because we got pregnate a little sooner than expected.

my plan was that after three to see if she could sleep in her own bed but but still be in our room for a year or two at max before moving her bed to her own room

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
shhhhh.ImHiding
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Neither of my kids wake the other up in the middle of the night. The youngest can cry full blast and the oldest Might roll over.

It will depend on how well the kids sleep. :-)

My oldest finally started sleeping though the night just after her third birthday. My youngest sleeps all night most nights, unless teething or sick.

Usually it's the cats that walk over the kids that wakes them up. LOL
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:50 PM

It is possible. I would just see what happens when the baby comes. 

MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:54 PM

This exactly. You won't know for sure until the time comes. Take it one day at a time. You could try to side car a crib for one of them for more room if you are worried about that aspect but my older wasn't roused my my younger when we coslept. 

Quoting JoJoBean8:

It is possible. I would just see what happens when the baby comes. 

I'm Mary married(since 10-5-08) to Dallen, mommy to Serenity(2008) & Caidence(2010). Christian, SAHM, Full- term breast feeding, Cloth diapering, Vaccinating, Anti-CIO/Sleep-training, Natural birthing, holistic loving, AP, ERF, Bedsharing/co-sleepingresearch-loving kinda mama.

catholicmamamia
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:04 PM

It worked out well for us.. :o) 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:23 PM

If you want to it's possible.  You could attach something to your bed for one of the kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)