Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

teething necklaces

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:12 PM
  • 12 Replies
I never used one with my daughter, she had quit teething by the time I learned about them. I still don't know that much about them. Can someone tell me all about them?How they work? Where to buy a good one? I am worried about choking/strangulation hazard. How often do they need to wear them. And anything else I should know!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:53 PM

THey aren't a chocling hazard if you get the correct size. I know some parents feel more comfortable taking them off at night and putting them around baby's ankle. You want amber for teething. You want to get real amber. I know you can get them from hazelaid, inpsired by finn, among others. My son wears his all the time unless he is in the bath. 

AspensMama1537
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:54 PM
How do you know its the right size?

Quoting JoJoBean8:

THey aren't a chocling hazard if you get the correct size. I know some parents feel more comfortable taking them off at night and putting them around baby's ankle. You want amber for teething. You want to get real amber. I know you can get them from hazelaid, inpsired by finn, among others. My son wears his all the time unless he is in the bath. 

SadieJames
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Hazelaid.com has a good explanation on how they work.  I love ours : )

CatFishMom
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:00 PM

I got mine from Amazon.com and it works. My son is now almost two and I havent taken it off him in about a year? Maybe more, I dont remember, honestly. I know when I would take it off every night it didnt seem to do him any good but I wasnt exceptionally comfortable leaving it on when he was only nine months. Most teething necklaces that are designed for babies are made small, I think about twelve inches to fourteen inches is standard for basic children's jewelry. I know it's less than sixteen, and it's pretty standard from what I could tell. I know my son's is a good length because it wasnt long enough for him to get to his mouth but it is still able to fit my four year old had I wanted to get him one as well.

The more they wear them, the more helpful they are. You should do some research on the different kinds of amber-just Google 'amber teething beads' and youll get plenty of hits. I'll be buying another set when baby three gets here.

AspensMama1537
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks great site! I am excited to try one. :)

Quoting SadieJames:

Amberleigh81
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Morrocanmommy on here sells them. You can ask her about how she makes them! :)
catholicmamamia
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Ours came from Inspired by Finn. 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Thanks!

Quoting SadieJames:

Sunshine71980
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:19 AM

amberartisans.com

or if you have a local cloth diaper store (ours has them in stock as much as they can but often sell out)

I love ours, DD has worn is since about 7 months old.  I took it off at night for a few nights but she never messed with it and it stayed tucked inside her pajamas.

The kid got molars in and we didn't even know she was teething because she wasn't cranky or drooly or anything!

MaySurprise
by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 9:55 PM

I found a GREAT teething necklace on Etsy.  It is so pretty I would wear it even if I didn't have a baby! Both me and my baby love it and I get compliments on it almost every week!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/129267015/sterling-silver-teething-and-nursing

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)