Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Preggers with 2nd baby. Waterbirth mamas, questions

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:10 PM
  • 13 Replies

Hi ladies!

I had my dd on Dec. 6 2011. I had planned on a homebirth and ended up having to transfer :( I did 30 hours at home and another 11 1/2 at the hospital hooked up to pit and an epi due to a stalled labor at a 6 for 6 hrs. I had purchased a birthing tub in a box, the mini size because i'm such a small person. Well after my daughters birth I sold the tub because we weren't planning on having another child for a couple of years and I was not satisfied with the size. I decided I would want a full sized tub next time because i felt like I was very confined in the mini. So my question to you is, do you or do you not reccomend a baby pool as a birthing tub, why or why not? I just dont want to rent one and i'd rather not go through the expense of buying another one. Thoughts? Thanks in advance! 

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
larissalarie
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:31 PM
Idk, the only water birthing I did was at a hospital birth center.

Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skylarkdancer
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Thanks for the bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
skylarkdancer
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Bump
tansyflower
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:01 AM
well my midwife had her own so i didnt have to rent one, but with my first i went and bought an actual pool since my midwife had a woman due at the same time as me and so there was a s light chance her tub might not be available. i did NOT choose a blow up tub because i am a large person and wanted the stability of leaning on the edge. and i have a kitty with claws lol. i got the kind that was thick vinyl sides with the ring around the top where the water was what kept it inflated. they are much more durable and mine was quite large, around 9 feet across. the ONLY thing i never figured out was how moms kept their tubs at a constant tempt. i figured my dh would have just had to keep taking buckets of water out as it cooled and dumping buckets of hot water in.......the tub my midwife had had like these huge heating pads that inserted into the inside of the tub and never got wet so that was how she kept it warm. also dont forget you will need a sump pump when it comes time to empty it! good luck i hope you find a tub you like :)
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:28 PM

bump

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:21 PM

I know there are many water birthing ladies out there so bump for them.. Congrats on #2

Mrs.Salz
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Do you mean a kiddie pool vs full size one?

Kaliary
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this

http://www.amazon.com/Swim-Center-Ocean-Reef-Pool/dp/B00005OARQ/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1365132410&sr=8-11&keywords=pool

This is what I have. :) There are reviews on Amazon about using it for a birthing pool, it's got a padded bottom, and my midwife says it's a good one... and TONS cheaper than even renting one. :D 

pregnancy week by week

baby

kailu1835
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:31 PM

My best friend gave birth in a kiddie pool.  Try to find one that has a bubble bottom.  In other words, texture... something that will keep you from sliding out.  She also gave birth in a water trough, and there was no texture.

skylarkdancer
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:18 AM
Yes

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

Do you mean a kiddie pool vs full size one?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)