Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

34 weeks and hurts when I walk....

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:16 AM
  • 11 Replies

I am having my 3rd child and by far this pregnancy has been so different from my other two. Since yesterday, it hurts when I walk due to the pressure between my legs, I feel like the baby has dropped. My due date is 5/10 but from what I see looks like I might be having the baby early. Has anyone experience this before? After you have dropped, how long until did you have your bundle of joy?

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hopeym23
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this

7 weeks!  

Are you on the Weight Watchers program? This is a group for support through your weight loss journey. No judging or drama here!
http://www.cafemom.com/group/118404

Magnolia7
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I want to hear this, too. I'm 36 weeks with my second and I am definitely feeling things earlier than with my first. I do wonder if it's just that the relaxin hormones have kicked in sooner since my body has been through this before.
lactatingloon
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this
My ds dropped at 29 weeks, he actually has an indention on his ear where he was laying on my pelvis so long :/ the more you walk the more your hips will adapt to the pressure. I didn't have ds until 39.5 weeks so I did a lot of yoga, popsicle maxi pads and walking good luck mama!
GoodyBrook
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I started feeling pressure and waddling like a walrus about 30 weeks into my second pregnancy.  The Chiro said it was simply the hormones and that baby hadn't dropped at all.  He kept me in alignment, though, and it really helped during labor.  (I don't recall the same feeling from my first pregnancy at all!)

MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Well, It can still be 6-8 more weeks. Dropping doesn't mean you'll have baby sooner. On fact, some babes don't drop until labor.

Have you looked into belly wrapping or exercises to help handle the pain?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ballerina.2006
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this
My son (#2) dropped around 34 weeks and engaged completely. I walked around like that until I had him at 39 weeks. It wasn't fun but walking helped get blood moving and it relieved the pressure temporarily.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LuvAZmomma
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I was 3cm dialated and 75% effaced with baby at a -2 station at 32 weeks I ended hanging in there until 38 weeks and 5 days. I can't say I felt very good but I was glad he hung in there and was a healthy 7 lbs 11 oz at birth. So I guess what I am saying is it isn't necessarily an indicator.
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this

My second baby dropped early. He was a week late!

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know but I heard that you drop a while before you have the baby with your first and with your other children you drop right before you have them. 

Magnolia7
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't remember this feeling at all from my first.  Must be the hormones earlier ... plus my hips pretty much stayed a bit wider after my first birth.  I do so love my chiropracter, best thing ever during pregnancy!

Quoting GoodyBrook:

I started feeling pressure and waddling like a walrus about 30 weeks into my second pregnancy.  The Chiro said it was simply the hormones and that baby hadn't dropped at all.  He kept me in alignment, though, and it really helped during labor.  (I don't recall the same feeling from my first pregnancy at all!)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN