Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

cloth pad users

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:02 PM
  • 10 Replies
I got fed up with tampons last month, so I'm switching to cloth. So my questions are as follows: how many do I need? And what are your favorite brands? I have two lotus pads and one from the silver liner.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Salz
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:05 PM

my favorite ones are from little bee creations on etsy. I'd say two thicker ones for overnight and 6-8 regular ones is enough, if you wash every other day.

Mrs.Salz
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:05 PM

I just throw mine in with diapers.

catholicmamamia
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:47 AM

My favorite brand is New Moon Pads.. here is their suggested quantities. 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

notjstanothrmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:35 PM
I think it depends on the length of your cycle and how heavy it is. I hace about 24 between liners, regular, and heavy and 1 overnight I used and had plenty for washing every other day. I made all my own and have never tried another brand.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:58 PM

I only use the pantyliner's. I haven't made the switch yet to fully mama cloth. Here's a bump!

907PickleMom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:12 PM
I have about 12 including pantyliners. I love Mama Bear Baby Wear on Etsy.
VintageWife
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:42 PM
I love my cloth pads! I have some party in my pants pads, but I'm looking into others too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:58 PM
I love WAHM brands. Most are softer. I also have heard great things about lunapads. I have Gladrags to supplement my wahm ones. I also have a pattern for Love My Lady Cloth that's easy to follow if you sew.
I use crocheted tampons most of the time so I have around 18 cloth tampons, 6-7 gladrags with inserts, 12-14 wahm ones, 3 overnight ones, and 7 postpartum pads. I have WAY too many. I wash every 2 days (4 day period) so I've never run out. I don't have a kid in diapers so I just wash with whatever is going in the machine next. I'm not too picky. :)
TTC2Long
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:38 AM
I have 10, I think? Various wahms, though I don't love any of them - they're too wide for me, but I'm fun size. ;) I wash every other day with my dipes and change 3-4x/day on my two heavier days. My flow is so much lighter since switching that I don't have to change more frequently than that. With disposables, I'd change every time I went to the bathroom.
ItsAZoo
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:04 AM
I'm a Diva Cup user but I use cloth for post partum. The first tine I used cloth was after my D&E miscarriage and I bight from Randumosity on Etsy. They were good but after that I started making them myself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)