Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Level 2 scan..

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:30 AM
  • 10 Replies

Baby has NO birth defects but is 12 days small?? mostly his head is small but everywhere averaged together its like 12 days.  Now this is a very detailed scan.  Keep in mind I know for sure when I got my BFP and basically when I ovulated and i got my BFP 11DPO so no way I was 12 days later ovulating lol.  I know the later US get the more off they can be..curious if anyone else had a baby measure "small" on a level 2.

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hapababies
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:30 PM
That is interesting. Usually babies with placental issues will have a smaller abdomen, but average sized everything else. What does the doctor think of your baby's head size?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissSarah04
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:52 PM
My baby was 5 days small on our second scan but she was also 8 days late and I was unsure of dates so really I am no help....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:50 PM

I had to have a level2 scan with my dd. They told me she was to large for me to deliver. They estimated 10-12lbs. She was 2 weeks late and was under 8lbs. 

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Glad to hear even level 2 scans can be off by that much!

Quoting JoJoBean8:

I had to have a level2 scan with my dd. They told me she was to large for me to deliver. They estimated 10-12lbs. She was 2 weeks late and was under 8lbs. 

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:59 PM

They had me so scared. I was a ftm and thought doctors knew everything. Do you have to get another scan later on?

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Glad to hear even level 2 scans can be off by that much!

Quoting JoJoBean8:

jconney80
by Group Mod on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:32 PM

I have no experience with it but I'm glad to hear it can also be off! 

monalisasus
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:44 PM

well I didnt have any extra scans or anything, but when my dd was born some of her measured at x weeks and some other bits measured at y weeks. In the end she is fine and healthy. I think we just grow at different rates. 

GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:46 AM

No ultrasounds for us.  No worries, either!  :)

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:41 PM

I always measured large.

gbcmom
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:57 PM
My level 2 with ds said he was a min of 10lbs. I had a US at every appointment ( because of age) . He weighed 7/4. And I was at the best MFM doctors in Dallas. So yes they cam be off. They also changed my edd by 8 or 9 days twice. First it was 11/24 then 11/11 then back to 11/24. I had him 11/21.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)