Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Mayim and placenta "eatting"

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:42 AM
  • 36 Replies
2 moms liked this
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
issoaisavi5
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Yuck!

MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:07 PM
She rocks!! I'm going go encapsulate and make a tincture out of mine! I wish I had known the benefits sooner!! She's one of my heroes! What an awesome person!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JMmama
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Love her! DH and I had a tour of the birth center last night and they have a placenta encapsulator girl they work with. She comes and picks up the placenta directly from the birth center, which lets my SIL off the placenta transportation hook (she is attending my birth since DH will be overseas). I think DH was a little annoyed since last time he had to bring it home in a bucket.
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:09 PM
What does that have to do with mayim bialik?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Wish i could have encapsulated mine but my ob wanted then tested since we have no idea what shots my bp sky high during pregnancy.
hapababies
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:13 PM
I'm interested in encapsulating it, but I'm still iffy about the tinicture. I have a friend who swears by the tinicture her midwife made for her.
I'm not pregnant, just thinking ahead.

Quoting MaryJarrett:

She rocks!! I'm going go encapsulate and make a tincture out of mine! I wish I had known the benefits sooner!! She's one of my heroes! What an awesome person!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:15 PM
This is her blog.

Quoting polkaspots:

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:17 PM
Nope. Not unless her name is Esther hornstein.

Quoting MaryJarrett:

This is her blog.

Quoting polkaspots:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:23 PM
The tincture is an easier, longer lasting way, and has a few more benefits than just encapsulation. You would take a walnut sized amount and put in a mason jar of high quality alcohol (vodka is what I'm using) and let sit at least 2-4 weeks in the dark. Strain after. awhile into tincture bottles. I'll be making two 4 oz bottles. One for "now". One for menopause. The tincture does the same things as the placenta pills but since it lasts longer you could give it to that child say for first day of school stress or to help fight off a cold. Basically, it'll help you and that child. It's just convenient to have both. :) and the menopausal benefits too. The pills likely wouldn't last that long.

I figure DH can start the tincture pretty much immediately after birth since you'd just plop a piece into a jar and stick it in a shelf. We'd already have the alcohol in the jar. Then he can pop the placenta into the freezer for us to encapsulate once we get all settled.

Cindy has an encapsulation kit at her store, Euphoric Birth. She's Cali4niachef in here i think is her SN.

Quoting hapababies:

I'm interested in encapsulating it, but I'm still iffy about the tinicture. I have a friend who swears by the tinicture her midwife made for her.

I'm not pregnant, just thinking ahead.

Quoting MaryJarrett:

MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN